Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

so who's re-sitting the UMAT next year???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sue

my results..nt at all flash..bt glad i did it ths year as a practice..

sec 1 : 46
sec2: 43 :(
sec 3 : 58

overall score: 49

i don thnk i have any chance of getting even dentistry...

im definatli gonna redo it next yr while doing HSFY in NZ..
anione else has sad stories? seems like almost everione else on MSO got an overall score of more than 60...anione else who did not go that well??

woozy

Originally posted by sue@Sep 21 2007, 03:17 PM

anione else has sad stories? seems like almost everione else on MSO got  an overall score of more than 60...anione else who did not go that well??
[snapback]54759[/snapback]​

I got simillar results to you, yeah im gonna re-sit next year, if wose comes to worse i'll do post-grad med. Don't worry heaps of people did crap and are too ashamed to post.

S

Shepwarp

My overall score was 53.. overall percentile 68%... that's not good hey? Has anyone heard of people getting into UTAS with similar results?

S1: 54 - 73%
S2: 52 - 67%
S3: 52 - 57%

I'm a Tas School Leaver btw

lordgarlic

MSO Kiwi #1
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by sue@Sep 21 2007, 05:17 PM

anione else has sad stories? seems like almost everione else on MSO got  an overall score of more than 60...anione else who did not go that well??

:O another fellow kiwi! best of luck you in the future!

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
even dentistry...

hehe, even dentistry

hoscar01

even dentistry...

That attitude ****s me so bad. Hopefully they weed out people like you in the interview.

L337

Based God
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by hoscar01@Sep 21 2007, 06:22 PM
That attitude ****s me so bad. Hopefully they weed out people like you in the interview.
[snapback]54776[/snapback]​

:O Whoa, bit harsh there, innit?

I think she might've meant "even" in the sense that dentistry has lower cut-offs, not that it is a lesser profession on the whole (then again, that's prolly how i chose to interpret it :p ).

hoscar01

Originally posted by L337@Sep 21 2007, 06:14 PM
:O Whoa, bit harsh there, innit?

I think she might've meant "even" in the sense that dentistry has lower cut-offs, not that it is a lesser profession on the whole (then again, that's prolly how i chose to interpret it :p ).
[snapback]54795[/snapback]​

Some people work bloody hard to get into dentistry, its not an easy feat. Many people will need to try more than once to get in. When someone says, "i dont think i have any chance of getting even dentistry", it degrogatory as if dentistry is way 'lower' than med. Of course this is one of those phrases that will be interpreted differently by different people, but i didnt like it.

L337

Based God
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by hoscar01@Sep 21 2007, 07:18 PM
Some people work bloody hard to get into dentistry, its not an easy feat. Many people will need to try more than once to get in. When someone says, "i dont think i have any chance of getting even dentistry", it degrogatory as if dentistry is way 'lower' than med. Of course this is one of those phrases that will be interpreted differently be different people, but i didnt like it.
[snapback]54797[/snapback]​

I totally agree with you that ppl work their asses off to get into dent (I like to think I'm one of them :) ) and it is indeed a course very much in demand. Yeah, I can see how you might interpret the comment as being derogatory towards dent, but I guess different people just interpret stuff different wayz. In any case, I think we should all take some chill pills and learn to have mutual respect for all professions (geez, corny much? :p ).

sue

Originally posted by hoscar01@Sep 21 2007, 08:18 PM
Some people work bloody hard to get into dentistry, its not an easy feat. Many people will need to try more than once to get in. When someone says, "i dont think i have any chance of getting even dentistry", it degrogatory as if dentistry is way 'lower' than med. Of course this is one of those phrases that will be interpreted differently be different people, but i didnt like it.
[snapback]54797[/snapback]​

im really sorry hoscar01 i guess i should have used better words...

i didn't mean to say that dentistry is lower than med.
i was onli refering to the UMAT cut-off usually being lower for dent than med..

sorry for any mis-understanding.

Veon

Originally posted by hoscar01@Sep 21 2007, 05:22 PM
[snapback]54776[/snapback]​

I thought it was just me.

TBU

Looks like I'll be re-sitting (third time lucky?). Hopefully I get some sort of offer, though it's unlikely with a score of 154 (181%). Anyone know much lower UMAT cut offs for DFEE or BMP, in general?

hoscar01

Originally posted by sue@Sep 21 2007, 06:36 PM
im really sorry hoscar01 i guess i should have used better words...

i didn't mean to say that dentistry is lower than med.
i was onli refering to the UMAT cut-off usually being lower for dent than med..

sorry for any mis-understanding.
[snapback]54803[/snapback]​

I do realise that dent has lower cutoffs for interviews, and thus this generates an attitude that its easier to get into. It probably is slightly, but it doesnt warrant the attitude that alot of people have on this forum (although i do realise you dont necessarily have this attitude), its just these comments are recurring, and to be frank quite frustrating, for example, here is another comment from yesterday on another thread, which at the time, i just took a big breath to, but i just got a bit frustrated this time.

"I just dont know if I can be bothered spending a year of my life studying for something that I might screw up again.

would that score get me dent or something?"

"Dent of something"
I mean seriously thats a terrible terrible attitude.

AussieChica

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by TBU@Sep 21 2007, 07:43 PM
Looks like I'll be re-sitting (third time lucky?). Hopefully I get some sort of offer, though it's unlikely with a score of 154 (181%). Anyone know much lower UMAT cut offs for DFEE or BMP, in general?
[snapback]54812[/snapback]​

You could try Bond, I think their UMAT cutoff is about 150.

Veon

Originally posted by hoscar01@Sep 21 2007, 07:50 PM
I do realise that dent has lower cutoffs for interviews, and thus this generates an attitude that its easier to get into. It probably is slightly, but it doesnt warrant the attitude that alot of people have on this forum (although i do realise you dont necessarily have this attitude), its just these comments are recurring, and to be frank quite frustrating, for example, here is another comment from yesterday on another thread, which at the time, i just took a big breath to, but i just got a bit frustrated this time.

"I just dont know if I can be bothered spending a year of my life studying for something that I might screw up again.

would that score get me dent or something?"

"Dent of something"
I mean seriously thats a terrible terrible attitude.
[snapback]54813[/snapback]​

I think i liked:
'The only good thing about dent is the money, and i'm not really worried about that anyway. Still, it's my 2nd preference' ,
better.

hoscar01

Originally posted by Veon@Sep 21 2007, 08:24 PM
I think i liked:
'The only good thing about dent is the money, and i'm not really worried about that anyway. Still, it's my 2nd preference' ,
better.
[snapback]54818[/snapback]​

SNAP

ciaran

Seems like people are offended by my apparent disrespect for dentistry, which was probably born out of ignorance. Regardless, I think people are taking my careless comments far too seriously.

"Dent of something" I mean seriously thats a terrible terrible attitude."

...how?

I don't see why wanting to know whether my course would get me into dent/any related health/sci course is a problem. Maybe its because of the flippant way I referred to it, in which case do you now want me to refer to dent. as "The most esteemed and glorious profession"?

B

Bacilli

There are some good attitudes in relation to UMAT results. Keep in mind, there's always next year so best of luck!

-Bacilli (The creator)

B

Bacilli

They will inescapably fail Hos.

It would be the equivalent situation if you’re commencing space engineering; it wouldn’t work because you have little or no interest in it (generally speaking). However, many people can adjust to certain situations, and many may succeed in completing the degree, although when they’re professionals in their field, their duties will make them miserable.

If you have no interest in subjects chances are you’ll end up with rubbish results (non-standards take note hence undertake degree you’re interested in).

-Bacilli (Healthcare card holder)

Status
Not open for further replies.