• ALL USERS: please familiarise yourself with the MSO Forum Rules (updated 03/08/20).
  • UCAT PREP COMPANY DISCUSSION: Site administrators have implemented a rule that states there is to be NO mention of UCAT prep companies. This includes discussion, recommendations, questions, and reviews, and extends to allusions, acronyms, and other other attempts to get around the rule. Offending content will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be warned and may be banned.

So who's started studying for UMAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by animadverted@Apr 22 2007, 02:03 PM
I don't understand how people can speed up their reading. There mightn't be much hope for me though, I read a lot and I'm still fairly slow. I think with section 1 the best way is to read through once carefully and not multiple times quickly.
[snapback]39935[/snapback]​
From my own experience I think you can improve your speed reading. I did a course on this. The main technique that I found helpful was using either your finger or a book mark or something similar and dragging it along the text slightly ahead of where you are reading. In this way you force yourself to read faster.

Also your psychological approach to reading is vital. You need to be active in your reading, not passive. Initially practicing speed reading can be frustrating, so don't start with something you love reading because it may destroy your enjoyment of it.

The best bit is a good speed reader will actually digest more of what they are reading than a slow reader.

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

chinmaister

This is for the previous year isn't it? Cause i haven't started studying yet... :unsure:

Kyle

Old Man MSO
Emeritus Staff
Am I the only one who didn't "study" for umat?

Hayden

Getting busier
Emeritus Staff
Nah you're not, I didn't study either...

Status
Not open for further replies.