• UCAT results are out! Just kidding, I'm just testing the notices system. Cheers, Mana

Some questions on Halls

Piglet

Hi everyone,
I have checked the forums and I can't quite find the answers to the following:

1. Do the rooms have their own bar fridges or do we have to buy one;
2. When we have to move out at the end of the year is there storage for fridge etc
3. Can anyone give some insight into essential cooking items that you personally found useful

thanks.

lumos

Hi everyone,
I have checked the forums and I can't quite find the answers to the following:

1. Do the rooms have their own bar fridges or do we have to buy one;
2. When we have to move out at the end of the year is there storage for fridge etc
3. Can anyone give some insight into essential cooking items that you personally found useful

thanks.
1. Depends on the hall. Usually you would buy your own if you want a fridge in your room but I think Jackomos has small ones built in. Check with the specific hall.

2. Again, depends on the hall. They may put you in contact with storage companies that can hold your stuff but most of the halls don't have extensive storage facilities.

3. My friends at halls all brought their own cups, mugs, plates and bowls, along with non-perishables like salt, pepper, teas, instant coffee, etc. They all also brought a kettle.

Xenon Hexafluoride

here comes trouble
1. To my knowledge all of the halls except Briggs and Jackomos don't have individual fridges, although there are communal fridges available in the shared kitchens (I don't recommend them because they get very full and gross). So if you want a personal fridge you will have to go and buy one for yourself.

2. Storage is not provided. They can help, but in the end you will have to store your stuff somewhere over the break.

3. This really depends on how much cooking you plan on doing yourself. If you want to cook a lot then getting your own pots, pans and cooking utensils is useful, but if your more a cafeteria kind of person then you won't need that much. You will definitely need to buy some bowls/plates, cups and some cutlery. The kitchens I have seen have all had kettles but maybe some other halls don't have them (I'm at Howitt).

Honestly though, you can wait and buy most of this stuff as you need it throughout O-week and beyond.