Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Studying Medicine/ Dentistry Aboard --- Asian/ Middle Eastern/ European Universities

Hi
I am an Australian student looking at studying medicine or dentistry overseas.
I would like to apply for universities that may allow me to come back and work in Australia however I do not mind returning as an overseas trained doctor and sitting the exams necessarily to allow me to work here. \

The problem I am facing is with the application process. I completed VCE and am Studying Bachelor of Science at Melbourne University. When asked for my results which should I give?
I do not understand all this O-level/ A-level stuff. How do I convert my VCE scores to an O-level equivalent. I don't think it would be wise to give my raw score out of 50 as even a 48 might be seen by these university as a fail.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

atptsoi

It would be a lot easier studying back in Australia as I'm aware that the procedure would be a lot easier. I think you should check the Australian Licence board's guidelines as some countries require you to take a conversion course or some medical exam (which can be really hard sometimes).

C2H6

All of the unis should allow you to come back to Australia but you will likely have to sit one of those exams. You said they are not an issue so just apply everywhere and take your best one. Have you looked into NZ med schools? I think NZ/AUS have a thing going where you dont have to sit that 'bar exam'. But i am not 100% positive.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads