Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

postman

Since this site seems to get a lot of questions regarding what kind UAI/umat is needed to have a chance to get into each uni- why dont we have a feature on the site where people from previous years can input what marks they got and whether or not they got in.

I'm from NZ so I'm not exactly sure how the AU system works but an example of how the thing would work would be: you enter your HSC year, umat mark, UAI, the uni you applied for, whether or not you got an interview and whether or not you were accepted. Then some super computer can collate all the info and give out a range of umat/UAIs for each uni.

Not sure if the above makes sense but basically its a database where people submit their marks, so people in following years can see oh the lowest umat/UAI last year was xyz so maybe ive got a chance.

OR is this totally irrelevant because most Unis are transparent about the marks needed?

Saviola7

We do have a feature similar to this, which a lot of people contributed towards, Aussie Chica has a link under her name for people who are new to the site which goes through all the stuff required for the application process and the approximate mark required to obtain an interview/acceptance for most unis. A great resource

I think some people would be hesitant in providing exact details of their academic record and whether or not they were accepted as it is fairly personal. Nevertheless, there are people who you can PM who will be willing to provide such details. But the no #1 stop for such information is the link below Aussie Chica's name.

Hope that is useful.

Last edited:

Jono

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
isuru and a few others are currently looking at ways of statistically aggregating the collective experience of MSO users through the admissions process. Thanks a lot for the suggestion, we'll get back to you!

beks29

I tried that link and it doesnt work, says page not found - has anyone else found that problem?

Saviola7

yeah, just look under aussie chica's name, there is a link.

Sorry about the confusion

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads