Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Transferring Between Medical Schools

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Out of interest, have you spoken to Monash again?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I know that UTAS re-admitted a student with a similarly complex trajectory that included several false starts and incompletions and significant time off for ill health.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Yes, I received a letter of support from the Dean (as is necessary for applying to WSU/UNSW as a transfer)
As I've said, I'm not hopeful but figured it's worth a shot. The worst thing that can happen is that I don't get in, in which case I'll sit the GAMSAT and apply for graduate-entry which is what I would have done anyway

I think Pi was meaning have you spoken to Monash about being readmitted there? (At least, that was my interpretation and the crux of my reply).

Reactions: pi

yosarso

What happened to medicalkitty? I too have applied for a transfer to WSU for 2020 intake into the medicine program. I have applied on compassionate grounds due to significant family hardship, I am really praying that I get accepted however from everyone I speak to and from what I hear, transfers are near impossible.

hh2019

What happened to medicalkitty? I too have applied for a transfer to WSU for 2020 intake into the medicine program. I have applied on compassionate grounds due to significant family hardship, I am really praying that I get accepted however from everyone I speak to and from what I hear, transfers are near impossible.
I also applied for a transfer to WSU for 2020. I noticed that they were supposed to inform applicants of their outcome on 19/12/2019. Did you hear anything?

yosarso

I also applied for a transfer to WSU for 2020. I noticed that they were supposed to inform applicants of their outcome on 19/12/2019. Did you hear anything?
Hi mate, oh I am so glad to hear that.. Yes, we should have been informed by the 19th and I too am yet to hear anything, i've been checking emails hourly since last week. I called WSU today and managed to speak with someone from medfac, she told me they were very busy but she wasnt the one looking after this and that they all return to work on the 6th of Jan. So chances are we may not hear back until then.

yosarso

Where are you transferring from and what year are you hoping to transfer into?

hh2019

Hi mate, oh I am so glad to hear that.. Yes, we should have been informed by the 19th and I too am yet to hear anything, i've been checking emails hourly since last week. I called WSU today and managed to speak with someone from medfac, she told me they were very busy but she wasnt the one looking after this and that they all return to work on the 6th of Jan. So chances are we may not hear back until then.
So glad it's not just me! But I was really hoping to hear back before the end of the year! I'm from Deakin (postgrad but none of the other postgrad courses would take transfers because of lack of course compatibility). Looking to transfer into second year, but would happily take first year if I could get a transfer! How about you?

yosarso

So glad it's not just me! But I was really hoping to hear back before the end of the year! I'm from Deakin (postgrad but none of the other postgrad courses would take transfers because of lack of course compatibility). Looking to transfer into second year, but would happily take first year if I could get a transfer! How about you?
Me too, I applied way back April and have been counting the days! I'm from UNSW and hoping to progress into third year, from what I understand the courses line up pretty well with what I have already done. Not sure if you can send messages on here but please let me know if you hear anything?

hh2019

Me too, I applied way back April and have been counting the days! I'm from UNSW and hoping to progress into third year, from what I understand the courses line up pretty well with what I have already done. Not sure if you can send messages on here but please let me know if you hear anything?
Good luck! Sounds like you should be in with a good chance. I'll definitely let you know if I hear anything- please do the same! :)

yosarso

Good luck! Sounds like you should be in with a good chance. I'll definitely let you know if I hear anything- please do the same! :)
Hey, so WSU Medfac are supposedly back at work tomorrow. I'll probably wait until 12 and if I still haven't heard anything I will give them a call. Either way successful or not i'll report back. Best of Luck!

hh2019

Hey, so WSU Medfac are supposedly back at work tomorrow. I'll probably wait until 12 and if I still haven't heard anything I will give them a call. Either way successful or not i'll report back. Best of Luck!

I haven't been able to get through to anyone who is able to help me today so I guess it's still a waiting game!

yosarso

I haven't been able to get through to anyone who is able to help me today so I guess it's still a waiting game!
Yep, same here. Tried calling a few times throughout the day with no answer, followed up with an and email with no response :( I wonder what the situation is with other applicants?

Neither of us were successful, we both received generic rejection letters. I feel I had compelling reasons for transfer but it seems not compelling enough.
Did you end up transferring to any uni? Trying to find a uni that will allow me to transfer from another medical course

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Did you end up transferring to any uni? Trying to find a uni that will allow me to transfer from another medical course

This has come up a few times, both here at MSO and people I know elsewhere, and they’ve never been successful. I’d imagine approval is a very rare thing under very exceptional circumstances. What year are you in, which uni are you at, and which unis have you contacted?

This has come up a few times, both here at MSO and people I know elsewhere, and they’ve never been successful. I’d imagine approval is a very rare thing under very exceptional circumstances. What year are you in, which uni are you at, and which unis have you contacted?
2nd year at Monash Malaysia but I’m an Aus citizen too, I’ve contacted quite a few via email but all no’s. Also planning on applying to WSU