Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide UAdel Medicine: General Discussion

calmdirt

Lurker
Hello,
I received first round BMP today for Adelaide, I know it is not possible to say for sure but how likely is it that this will get upgraded to CSP?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hello,
I received first round BMP today for Adelaide, I know it is not possible to say for sure but how likely is it that this will get upgraded to CSP?
It’s pretty common for this to happen at UAdel, historically, as they have a huff decline rate. It remains to be seen whether that is the same this year.

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
What's going on with applicants that have 99 UCAT and a 99.95 ATAR not receiving an offer today?
There are two reported on MSO already, surely both interviews didn't go so bad ("red flag" answers) - I thought these 'red flag' answers were quite rare in an interview anyway???....
It happens every year but in my experience, the majority of these first round "rejections" (if you can even call them that) become second and third round offers. Only if you said something really bad would Adelaide completely strike you off the future offers list.

It happens every year but in my experience, the majority of these first round "rejections" (if you can even call them that) become second and third round offers. Only if you said something really bad would Adelaide completely strike you off the future offers list.
ahhhh okay thanks for confirming that.
Does Adelaide only release every offer round? I called up Adelaide and the lady on the phone told me that they would continue to do "top-ups" every 2 days. I think this year there are only 2 main offer rounds for med (24th of Jan and Feb 1st).

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
ahhhh okay thanks for confirming that.
Does Adelaide only release every offer round? I called up Adelaide and the lady on the phone told me that they would continue to do "top-ups" every 2 days. I think this year there are only 2 main offer rounds for med (24th of Jan and Feb 1st).
Yeah this year might be a lil different because of late NSW ATAR release but in previous years they participated in both January rounds (there used to be 2) and the first February round. There would continue to be phone call top-ups well into February, someone on MSO got an offer 2 weeks into her Flinders semester :)

Still expect plenty of top-ups.

Last edited:

ra3_m

Lurker
Just thought I’d let you all know that based on the enrolments page there are just under 30 spots left. I’m not sure that it’s a great indicator because there is always the chance that people will unenrol later but it looks like around 85% of people who received first round have accepted and enrolled.

Liam_701

BMedSci/MD
Just thought I’d let you all know that based on the enrolments page there are just under 30 spots left. I’m not sure that it’s a great indicator because there is always the chance that people will unenrol later but it looks like around 85% of people who received first round have accepted and enrolled.
Hm. Where did you get the enrolments page from?

mvn

Second Round offers for Adel Med/Dent will be coming out today. Has anyone received an offer today yet or toooo early still?

rohit45

If anyone gets an offer, please do post (edited by mod) in the Offers forum. Very stressful times indeed.

If anyone gets an offer, please do post here. Very stressful times indeed.
I called up satac at 9 and they said that they hadn't released it, but all offers will be released by 5 PM.

Will it be in SATAC first and email to come later?
Yaa its usually like that. They usually send you an email within 24 hours after you get an offer on SATAC.

Last edited by a moderator: