Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide UAdel Medicine: Interview and Offer Requirements

Asynn

Hey! I just completed my interview for UAdel today (international student). Anyone else? How did the interview go for you if you've done it as well? I feel like the interview was like a casual convo but I didn't get to say much to impress the interviewers.

tylow2

Hey! I just completed my interview for UAdel today (international student). Anyone else? How did the interview go for you if you've done it as well? I feel like the interview was like a casual convo but I didn't get to say much to impress the interviewers.
Hihi I completed my interview on the same day as you. It was like only 15min long and I really couldn't say much of what I prepared... but anyway all the best for offers!
Oh, and I think my UCAT score is around yours as well! I got 2790, really anxious nowadays for the offers

Last edited by a moderator:

A1

Rookie Doc
2019: 91%ile for everyone
2020: 71%ile for SA students, 96%ile for interstate students.
2021 96th%le is 3100-3130. So far we see lowest Adelaide non-SA invite at 3120 = mid-96th%ile comparable to last year. Yet someone said UAdel was going to cut interview spots from 800 down to 600. Maybe they only cut SA spots?

A1

Rookie Doc
I take this to mean : This year's 600 is split 50/50 = 300 SA + 300 interstate.
Last year's 800 was split 60/40 = 480 SA + 320 interstate. Thus same-same interstate cutoff but higher SA cutoff this year.

Makes sense? :cool:

Fannnnnnn666

USYD BSci/MD IV
I take this to mean : This year's 600 is split 50/50 = 300 SA + 300 interstate.
Last year's 800 was split 60/40 = 480 SA + 320 interstate. Thus same-same interstate cutoff but higher SA cutoff this year.

Makes sense? :cool:
That's a fair speculation 🙌

Reactions: A1

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
it's actually 15 minutes! that's so short what
UAdel Med interview has historically only been 15 minutes, I think. The MMI, if there was going to be one, would probably have been new for this year, from memory. Given online interviews, they're probably just sticking with what they know.

Qwerty124

it's actually 15 minutes! that's so short what
Yeah so im thinking its just a part A of previous years interviews. Weird part is why the uni suddenly went from the original structure to planning to do MMI then now having a shorter 15 minute interview. Wording in yhe guide actually seems similar to the international students interview as well.

UAdel Med interview has historically only been 15 minutes, I think. The MMI, if there was going to be one, would probably have been new for this year, from memory. Given online interviews, they're probably just sticking with what they know.
Previous years were 2 15 minute part sections, with part A being personal questions focused and Part B being situation focused iirc

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Yeah so im thinking its just a part A of previous years interviews. Weird part is why the uni suddenly went from the original structure to planning to do MMI then now having a shorter 15 minute interview. Wording in yhe guide actually seems similar to the international students interview as well.

Previous years were 2 15 minute part sections, with part A being personal questions focused and Part B being situation focused iirc
UAdel have previously done top up 15 minute phone interviews after in person interviews have been completed. We've had several people here at MSO receive those in the past. They are possibly just going to go with the version they use in that circumstance for all applicants instead of just the top up ones.

Qwerty124

Interesting! So before they had the two 15 minute sections it was just a more 15 in person and possible 15 phone top up? Never knew that!
UAdel have previously done top up 15 minute phone interviews after in person interviews have been completed. We've had several people here at MSO receive those in the past. They are possibly just going to go with the version they use in that circumstance for all applicants instead of just the top up ones.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Interesting! So before they had the two 15 minute sections it was just a more 15 in person and possible 15 phone top up? Never knew that!
No, sorry. What they have done in the past is the 2 x 15 minute components of the face to face interview with applicants who received a first round interview invite. Then, when they've completed those and had a heap of people either not turn up or decline or whatever, they've then held telephone based 15 minute phone interviews with additional candidates (not extra interviews with the same candidates). So the in-person interviews were 30 minutes for the majority of candidates, and the phone interviews were 15 minutes for the top up candidates. Very odd but it definitely used to happen!