Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide UAdel Medicine: Tertiary Transfer

Are Adelaide university dentistry students able to tertiary transfer into medicine?
According to this link "It does not matter which degree you are applying from" but at the same time prerequisite subjects are required (e.g. first year Human Biology) which I'm not sure would be fulfilled in dentistry as it is a set course. I have however completed the year 12 equivalents (bio, chem and methods) but I'm not sure if that will count for anything as a non-standard.
I just wanted to find out whether this is even a possibility to weigh up my options.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Are Adelaide university dentistry students able to tertiary transfer into medicine?
According to this link "It does not matter which degree you are applying from" but at the same time prerequisite subjects are required (e.g. first year Human Biology) which I'm not sure would be fulfilled in dentistry as it is a set course. I have however completed the year 12 equivalents (bio, chem and methods) but I'm not sure if that will count for anything as a non-standard.
I just wanted to find out whether this is even a possibility to weigh up my options.

Yes, they can, but only at the end of first or second year. The year 12 equivalents are fine, I believe.

Lawrencealot

Newish member
For tertiary transfer, is there any merit to having marks beyond the 85% for HD? My marks have ranged between 92 and 98% for 0.75FTE and I'm hoping that it might give me any edge over similar applicants.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
For tertiary transfer, is there any merit to having marks beyond the 85% for HD? My marks have ranged between 92 and 98% for 0.75FTE and I'm hoping that it might give me any edge over similar applicants.
It won't raise your GPA at all (you can't achieve higher than a 7) so I would say unfortunately probably not.

Rifat Saroar

King Angry
I was wondering. I am in the University of Adelaide studying something which is not Health of Medical Science. Do you know how likely will it be to get an interview? Also, do you have any idea on how many apply for TT outside Health or medical Sciences? Has there been any who had succeeded by doing this?

Lawrencealot

Newish member
I was wondering. I am in the University of Adelaide studying something which is not Health of Medical Science. Do you know how likely will it be to get an interview? Also, do you have any idea on how many apply for TT outside Health or medical Sciences? Has there been any who had succeeded by doing this?
I think I read somewhere that there are 10 places reserved for transfer from BHMS to MBBS but that may have changed. While that wouldn't specifically preclude someone from another degree, it does suggest that chances are better via that pathway.

I was wondering something similar. Does Adelaide University preferentially offer places to students transferring from BHMS Advanced or is it equal treatment of advanced and regular BHMS transfer candidates? I'm a normie so I'm hoping it's even-steven.

Hi has anyone from the TT batch (or know someone) gotten an offer yet? All I got was an email stating: “The next offer round for the 2022 admission year is Thursday 12 January. This offer round will consider all your preferences.” I wasn’t given an email prior to Dec 21st stating that it was an offer round.

Jstone

Hi has anyone from the TT batch (or know someone) gotten an offer yet? All I got was an email stating: “The next offer round for the 2022 admission year is Thursday 12 January. This offer round will consider all your preferences.” I wasn’t given an email prior to Dec 21st stating that it was an
Hi has anyone from the TT batch (or know someone) gotten an offer yet? All I got was an email stating: “The next offer round for the 2022 admission year is Thursday 12 January. This offer round will consider all your preferences.” I wasn’t given an email prior to Dec 21st stating that it was an offer round.
Last year they had an offer round around 20 Dec. Not sure about this year

Lurker
Hi has anyone know whether Tertiary Transfer is limited to applicants from the Bachelor of Health and Medical Sciences and Bachelor of Health and Medical Sciences (Advanced) only? Thanks.

jun10149

I called the uni, and they said dent came out together with standards on Jan 12th. I assume med might do the same.