SJ: 670
Current State: NSW
Applying to: JMP, WSU
Rural Applicant: No
GWS Applicant: Yes
Indigenous Applicant: No
Other: N/A
Specific Question: Chances?
Are interview invites given based on GPA right now or predicted GPA by end of year?
JMP application asks for a Tertiary Studies summary for current or previous years. I completed half a year of a degree and then changed to another degree the following year. Does this put me at a disadvantage? Don't want to come across as indecisive in my application, or am I just overthinking?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kezza

Kevin
abash80
JMP application asks for a Tertiary Studies summary for current or previous years. I completed half a year of a degree and then changed to another degree the following year.
  • Study undertaken across two or more programs of study cannot be combined to satisfy the one full-time year of study requirement.
  • Credit granted in a program of study is not taken into account when calculating the full-time study load, that is, a candidate must have enrolled in and completed one full year of study with a full academic load (or part-time equivalent).
Unless you have completed 1 year of full time study they may not be able to use your GPA as this is also quoted in their prospectus:
  • Determination of academic eligibility will be based on your most recent program of study where you have completed at least one year of full time study
This could mean your ATAR is used if you have not completed a full year of FTE study in your new program? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong anyone.

Otherwise i believe your UCAT percentile is more then good enough for an interview at both JMP and WSU (considering you are GWS)

A1

Rookie Doc
Applying for: Medicine
Application Type: Non-Standard
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 5.25 :/
UCAT Percentile Rank: 98
VR: 700
DM: 780
QR: 860
AR: 780
Total: 3120
SJ: 670
Applying to: JMP, WSU
Specific Question: Chances?
Are interview invites given based on GPA right now or predicted GPA by end of year?
JMP application asks for a Tertiary Studies summary for current or previous years. I completed half a year of a degree and then changed to another degree the following year. Does this put me at a disadvantage? Don't want to come across as indecisive in my application, or am I just overthinking?

Adding to Kezza's reply, based on 98%ile WSU & JMP will give you an interview without caring much about GPA at the invite stage. Afterwards if you qualify for an offer it will be subject to your GPA (at end of year) passing the hurdle, in your GWS case you need either ATAR 93.5+ or GPA 5.5+ for WSU (or 6.0+ if they rule you have done less than 1 FTE year uni) and 4.7+ for JMP.

In case JMP rules you have done less than 1 FTE year they will check that your ATAR was 94.3+.

Last edited:

A1

Rookie Doc
Application Type: Gap Year
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99.70
UCAT Percentile Rank: 98
VR: 590
DM: 730
QR: 900
AR: 890
Total: 3110
SJ: 719
Applying to: UNSW, WSU, JMP, Monash
Rural Applicant: no
GWS Applicant: no
Indigenous Applicant: no
Other: none
Specific Question: What would my chances of getting a place at these 4 universities?

You will definitely get interviews with all these 4 schools.
Your chances for place offer are 70-80% UNSW & Monash, 25-30% JMP & WSU.

A1

Rookie Doc
I'm confused as to why you've give this person a low chance for JMP wsu

UNSW & Monash count ATAR+UCAT 66% of the final ranking, giving 99.7+98%ile a huge head start going into the interview.

JMP counts ATAR+UCAT zero%, everyone has the 1 in 4 chance before the interview.
WSU counts ATAR zero%, UCAT 25% (as such I should bump up WSU to 35-40% on account of 98%ile but it's only an estimate no point being so precise).

Ucataus

Mod Note: Answered

Application Type: School Leaver
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99+
UCAT Percentile Rank: 93
Total: 2890
SJ: 631
Current State: QLD
Applying to: UQ bonded and unbonded, Griffith and every other possible
Specific Question: What are my chances at UQ

Totolier

UNSW & Monash count ATAR+UCAT 66% of the final ranking, giving 99.7+98%ile a huge head start going into the interview.

JMP counts ATAR+UCAT zero%, everyone has the 1 in 4 chance before the interview.
WSU counts ATAR zero%, UCAT 25% (as such I should bump up WSU to 35-40% on account of 98%ile but it's only an estimate no point being so precise).
hmmm alright. I think you're doing a great job but just a suggestion that for future people seeing these numbers without the explanation might freak out. If there's another way to say those percentage chance predictions please do so

Kezza

Kevin
hmmm alright. I think you're doing a great job but just a suggestion that for future people seeing these numbers without the explanation might freak out. If there's another way to say those percentage chance predictions please do so
Or they could just read the 100 other replies A1 is doing for free on his own time to help people to take some initiative.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99+
UCAT Percentile Rank: 93
Total: 2890
SJ: 631
Applying to: UQ bonded and unbonded, Griffith and every other possible
Specific Question: What are my chances at UQ

UQ bonded is a possibility. Probably not unbonded, however, though you never know as it does move around a smidge each year. Good luck.

A1

Rookie Doc
Application Type: School leaver
Predicted ATAR/GPA: Around 98.5-99.5
UCAT Percentile Rank: 94th
VR: 600
DM: 660
QR: 860
AR: 800
Total: 2920
SJ: 668
Applying to: UNSW and UWS
Other: no
Specific Question:
1- What are my chances of getting an interview at UWS?
2- What are my chances of getting an interview at UNSW? Plz indicate chances for ATAR of 98.5, 99 and 99.5, with a UCAT percentile of 94
Thank you

You are around borderline for WSU interview.
Based on last year for UNSW interview, zero chance with sub-99 ATAR (just what goes with 94%ile, not to do with the magic of 99), 99.1-99.2 might scrape in, 99.4-99.5 will be a definite (but still need a very good interview to be successful).

leez

hi :) my ucat is 95th percentile but my situational judgement was only 595 - chances on me getting a uws interview? (since my sj is quite low and they take that into consideration) i'm a non-standard with current gpa 6

A1

Rookie Doc
hi :) my ucat is 95th percentile but my situational judgement was only 595 - chances on me getting a uws interview? (since my sj is quite low and they take that into consideration) i'm a non-standard with current gpa 6

On the 95%ile alone you should get a WSU interview. How that might be affected by SJT only WSU knows. They are pretty mum on anything UCAT and really shouldn't be like that, unis should be more transparent on their selection process.

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
I reckon a solid probably. That's above the median if I remember correctly which should be fine. If the UKCAT universities are anything to go by, the only remove at most the bottom 20-25% of candidates using SJT. I don't see why WSU would be much different, and on top of that we are first cohort of the UCAT so if anything it will be on the lower side anyway. You should be fine.

Totolier

Hi, asking for a friend will get a 99.3 atar and 95% UCAT (640 sj score). She wants to make UNSW/WSU. What are her chances of BOTH an interview and offer.
Thanks in advance

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi, asking for a friend will get a 99.3 atar and 95% UCAT (640 sj score). She wants to make UNSW/WSU. What are her chances of BOTH an interview and offer.
Thanks in advance

She should get interviews at both. You already know her chances at WSU. UNSW I’ll leave to A1.

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Mod Note: Answered for Med

Applying for:
Dentistry, possibly med
Application Type: Non-Standard
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 7 GPA (1 FTE), 99.5 Atar
UCAT Percentile Rank: 90th
VR:
DM: 700
QR: 830
AR: 690
Total: 2850
SJ: 647
Applying to: UQ(dent), CSU, UADEL(dent), JMP, WSU, UNSW, Griffith
Specific Question: -

Cal Chuchesta,

Dent: Should be good for all - UQ was 91%ile last year but all previous years it was ~85% bar one year where it was also 91%ile.

Reactions: Cal

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Mod Note: Answered for Med

Applying for:
Med and Dent
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 98
UCAT Percentile Rank: 82
VR: 670
DM: 680
QR: 690
AR: 690
Total: 2730
SJ: 693
Applying to:
JMP, possibly CSU Dent
Indigenous Applicant:
No
Specific Question:
what are my chances for jmp and csu dent as well as adelaide?

Hi nasr sarian, Dent: Adelaide - borderline, CSU: probably not, (JMP: depends on application. Edited by LMG, JCU, if you’re applying there, will depend on application. Refer to previous reply for JMP info).

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Mod Note: Answered.

Applying for:
Medicine and Dentistry
Application Type: Gap year
ATAR/GPA: OP 1 (98.95)
UCAT Percentile Rank: 99th
VR: 670
DM: 820
QR: 780
AR: 870
Total: 3140
SJ: 566
Current State: Queensland
Applying to: JCU, JMP, UNSW, Monash, Adelaide, UTas, WSU, Curtin & UWA (unsure about WA schools), UQ (Dent)
GWS Applicant: No
Other: n/a
Specific Question: Largely keenest on JCU & JMP, but due to the nature of their acceptance I won't even bother with asking my chances. However, for Adelaide, UNSW and Monash who all weight ATAR into their offers, I am quite worried. Fairly sure my OP 1 wasn't the strongest. Any guidance with my chances for these schools?

Hi, wobblepong,

Dent: Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.