Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UCAT Results Discussion 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

bslater_

Hey guys, do you reckon it's possible to still be offered an interview for any of the uni's if you absolutely bombed the UCAT this year? I have completed a bachelors degree and a masters degree with a GPA of about 6.1 for both.

Sherlock

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Hey guys, do you reckon it's possible to still be offered an interview for any of the uni's if you absolutely bombed the UCAT this year? I have completed a bachelors degree and a masters degree with a GPA of about 6.1 for both.
What do you mean by "bombed"? Do you have breakdown of your scores? Which universities have you applied to?

Also note that this is the first time universities are using UCAT and no one really knows how the scores will be used.

bslater_

Like well and truly bombed haha - I had an issue with the monitor when I sat my exam. Completely messed me around and Pearson did nothing. Scores are as follows: 550/580/680/610 (2420) SJ 654

So REALLY bombed.

Sherlock

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Like well and truly bombed haha - I had an issue with the monitor when I sat my exam. Completely messed me around and Pearson did nothing. Scores are as follows: 550/580/680/610 (2420) SJ 654

So REALLY bombed.
I went to the UCAT website (Test Statistics | UCAT Consortium) and calculated your percentile, which is 43rd and that is lower than half the people who sat the exam so it is unfortunately not very promising. Are you a rural candidate?

VRY1

Lurker
I'm an NZ applicant and did quite poorly in my UCAT (54th percentile). Is it safe to assume I'm not going to get an interview at Monash, even with a high 99 ATAR?

A1

Rookie Doc
I'm an NZ applicant and did quite poorly in my UCAT (54th percentile). Is it safe to assume I'm not going to get an interview at Monash, even with a high 99 ATAR?

Unfortunately I believe high 99s ATAR still needs close to 90%ile for Monash interstate.

Kezza

Kevin
So I just had a friend tell me their friend got an interview offer today for JMP.... Gosh i hope it isn't true because my inbox is empty. :(

Kezza

Kevin
Do they have proof of their interview offer?
No - me trying to seek confirmation. Can't see why someone would lie. I trust my friend, she said she got nothing, but she said one of her friend said she did... I know it's he said she said so im hoping for a ucatboy Smelly Boy or other 99%ile people to chime in and tell me they are a lying bundle of sticks.

Last year results were Oct 28th - although considering UCAT test structure was faster with results, it's not implausible that they are out this early.

Cal

vibe
No - me trying to seek confirmation. Can't see why someone would lie. I trust my friend, she said she got nothing, but she said one of her friend said she did... I know it's he said she said so im hoping for a ucatboy Smelly Boy or other 99%ile people to chime in and tell me they are a lying bundle of sticks.

Last year results were Oct 28th - although considering UCAT test structure was faster with results, it's not implausible that they are out this early.
Maybe rural applicant?

garmonbozia

Membered Value
Valued Member
I doubt it as she said they go to University of Newcastle with her and has been for the past 3 years. :(
I wouldn't put much stock in it... it's a bit early for interview offers to be coming out, plus, as you said, nobody else has reported receiving an interview offer.

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member

Just checking in - my inbox is empty right now save for a UQ email welcoming me for the second (or was it third?) time to their uni

Cal

vibe
Definitely enough high scorers on here to confirm that either the email sent out to her was not in fact true, or it was a bug and was sent out too early. There will probably be upwards of 40 people on here that get interviews to jmp. So I wouldn't worry about a single person.

Kezza

Kevin
Definitely enough high scorers on here to confirm that either the email sent out to her was not in fact true, or it was a bug and was sent out too early. There will probably be upwards of 40 people on here that get interviews to jmp. So I wouldn't worry about a single person.
Thanks guys - Sorry to scare anyone -My friend messaged me with just "interviews?" - Apple watch recorded a jump from 62 bpm - 113bpm... I just needed clarification.

Obviously she called after to discuss this but yeah thanks again guys and gals.

Smelly Boy

I can be ur angle 😇 or ur devil 😈
Valued Member
Yap no interview invite for me friends

Sit tight till end of October 😎

Am looking forward to possible WSU invites soon since in 2016 or 2017 (I believe), invites came at 16 October

Edit:
WSU 2018 entry = 20th October invites (3:20pm)

WSU 2017 entry = 16 October invites

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
Yap no interview invite for me friends

Sit tight till end of October 😎

Am looking forward to possible WSU invites soon since in 2016 or 2017 (I believe), invites came at 16 October

Edit:
WSU 2018 entry = 20th October invites (3:20pm)

WSU 2017 entry = 16 October invites
Wow so close?! I'm not ready for invites just yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.