Total: 3050
SJ: 638
Current State: VIC
Applying to: Monash, UQ, Adelaide, UNSW
Rural Applicant: No
GWS Applicant: No
Indigenous Applicant: No
Other: SEAS, Monash Guarantee, UQ subject bonus
Specific Question: With a predicted 98 (~99.75+ according to Monash), how likely is a place offer (CSP, ERC, BMP)?

I can guarantee you will get at least UQ bonded, quite likely unbonded.
Monash 99.75+97%ile is better than 80% offer chance, I can't split it into CSP/BMP/ERC specifics.

For UNSW you might not even get an interview with 98.0. If you do get EAS for UNSW then chances depend on how many EAS points.
Adelaide is too hard to predict, usually no more than 20-30% offer chance for everyone.

A1

Rookie Doc
Thanks. How much would my chances at Monash improve with a 99.90/99.95 selection rank?
Also, when does Monash send out interview invites?

Sure 99.90 will be better than 99.75 but I won't be more specific than better than 80% offer chance.

Google "Monash medicine important dates" you will see a list of invite/interview/offer dates.

justchris

Lurker
Hey guys, sorry that this is a little off topic, but what you guys reckon my chances are with UQ Dent & La Trobe with a GPA of 6.25+ and a UCAT of 96?
P.S Good luck to everyone waiting for interview emails to come out

Cal

vibe
Hey guys, sorry that this is a little off topic, but what you guys reckon my chances are with UQ Dent & La Trobe with a GPA of 6.25+ and a UCAT of 96?
P.S Good luck to everyone waiting for interview emails to come out
Your chances of uq dent are high if you can get your GPA up above 6.5. I am unsure about Latrobe though.

jwu2000

Lurker
Applying for: Medicine
Application Type: Gap Year
ATAR/GPA: 99.60
UCAT Percentile Rank: 94
VR: 660
DM: 750
QR: 860
AR: 650
Total: 2920
SJ: 692
Current State: NSW
Applying to: UNSW, JMP, UWA,University of Adelaide, Flinders, Griffith
Rural Applicant: no
GWS Applicant: yes
Indigenous Applicant: no
Others: UES, EAS
Specific Question: inquiring about chance of placement offer at these universities however in particular my chances of obtaining a spot at Flinders university (99.95 atar with UES). Thanks so much

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Specific Question: inquiring about chance of placement offer at these universities however in particular my chances of obtaining a spot at Flinders university (99.95 atar with UES). Thanks so much

As long as UES definitely boosts you to 99.95 then yep, definitely for Flinders.

I don’t think Griffith use UES/EAS so your ATAR will probably just fall short there. UAdel, JMP, UNSW, and UWA will depend on your interview performance.

Good luck!!

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Adding to the above, I’d imagine 99.6 would be enough to get you a provisional entry offer at Griffith (USC) based on the past two years.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Adding to the above, I’d imagine 99.6 would be enough to get you a provisional entry offer at Griffith (USC) based on the past two years.

2018 entry was 99.35, 2019 entry was 99.60, you don’t reckon it’ll go up again? Or do you think it’s gone as high as it’ll go (for now?).

A1

Rookie Doc
2018 entry was 99.35, 2019 entry was 99.60, you don’t reckon it’ll go up again? Or do you think it’s gone as high as it’ll go (for now?).

Relative to Nathan/GC's 99.70 I think USC 99.60 has gone as high as it'll go.
The first year's 99.35 was because USC only announced taking applications in October, relatively few students knew about it.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Application Type: School leaver NZ
Predicted ATAR/GPA: actual Cambridge A Level 3A*s (was told by UWA that ATAR was 99.90, assuming it's the same for Curtin. SATAC said ATAR was 99.45)
UCAT Percentile Rank: 85
SJ:550
Current State: New Zealand
Applying to:
curtin, uwa, utas, flinders
GWS Applicant:
no
Other: none
Specific Question:
My earlier post was answered 'depends on atar conversion'. I was able to get an estimate from UWA and SATAC. Could a moderator please give me my chances of an offer for UWA or Curtin? (I know flinders is unlikely due to ATAR)

A1

Rookie Doc
Application Type: School leaver NZ
Predicted ATAR/GPA: actual Cambridge A Level 3A*s (was told by UWA that ATAR was 99.90, assuming it's the same for Curtin. SATAC said ATAR was 99.45)
UCAT Percentile Rank: 85
SJ:550
Current State: New Zealand
Applying to:
curtin, uwa, utas, flinders
GWS Applicant:
no
Other: none
Specific Question:
My earlier post was answered 'depends on atar conversion'. I was able to get an estimate from UWA and SATAC. Could a moderator please give me my chances of an offer for UWA or Curtin? (I know flinders is unlikely due to ATAR)

Considering both UWA and Curtin weigh UCAT (your weaker point) only half as much as ATAR & interview I'd say 99.90+85%ile gives you about 50/50 offer chance. Except I keep hearing UWA doesn't make many offers to non-WA applicants, that would make your UWA chance smaller.

CEK

Lurker
Hi I have a couple of questions :
1. I am doing my IBDP overseas but my home is in NSW, will I be considered as interstate applicant when I apply through UAC?
2. What UCAT score and IB score do I need to get for Med interview in any UNSW/JMP/UWS if I am considered as interstate applicant ?

Thank you!

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
Hi I have a couple of questions :
1. I am doing my IBDP overseas but my home is in NSW, will I be considered as interstate applicant when I apply through UAC?
2. What UCAT score and IB score do I need to get for Med interview in any UNSW/JMP/UWS if I am considered as interstate applicant ?

Thank you!
Question 2:

UNSW: At least IB41 (98.7 ATAR) and a UCAT percentile that is well into the 90s. The higher your ATAR, the lower your UCAT percentile needs to be, but I don't think it can go much lower than 90th percentile.
JMP: IB37 (95.45 ATAR equivalent) and a UCAT score in the mid 2800s (this year's cutoff was 2840 which translates to a 90th percentile)
WSU: IB37 (95.45 ATAR equivalent) and a VR score of 700+ combined with an overall percentile of 90+. The higher your VR score, the lower your overall percentile needs to be.

Reactions: A1

CEK

Lurker
Question 2:

UNSW: At least IB41 (98.7 ATAR) and a UCAT percentile that is well into the 90s. The higher your ATAR, the lower your UCAT percentile needs to be, but I don't think it can go much lower than 90th percentile.
JMP: IB37 (95.45 ATAR equivalent) and a UCAT score in the mid 2800s (this year's cutoff was 2840 which translates to a 90th percentile)
WSU: IB37 (95.45 ATAR equivalent) and a VR score of 700+ combined with an overall percentile of 90+. The higher your VR score, the lower your overall percentile needs to be.
Thank you ! I need to work very hard to get there! :)

milo8867

Hi guys,

I've just finished my first year at the University of Otago (in NZ), and am waiting for my second semester results to come out and offers for medicine. I did the Health Sci first year course and with the change in weighting of UCAT (it is now a threshold, a relatively low one at that), rank scores have become almost entirely dependent on your grades. I think my average might be a couple of percent too low, so I am looking at applying to Australian Universities, and was wondering, with my UCAT and high school grades, if I would have a chance of getting in some where and where the best places to apply would be?

ATAR: 98.55 (converted from NZ NCEA level 3 grades)
- I also sat scholarship papers and achieved them in PE (physical education) and Biology, but I feel like that is just a New Zealand thing and not relevent to this
UCAT:
VR - 700
DM - 650
QR - 700
AR - 770
SJT - 708
Total: 2820 ( I think I saw somewhere that 90th percentile was 2830? Not sure though )

Also any possibility using my first year university grades if they were still reasonably high?

Sorry if this is not the right place to post and I haven't looked properly!

Cheers! :)

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi guys,

I've just finished my first year at the University of Otago (in NZ), and am waiting for my second semester results to come out and offers for medicine. I did the Health Sci first year course and with the change in weighting of UCAT (it is now a threshold, a relatively low one at that), rank scores have become almost entirely dependent on your grades. I think my average might be a couple of percent too low, so I am looking at applying to Australian Universities, and was wondering, with my UCAT and high school grades, if I would have a chance of getting in some where and where the best places to apply would be?

ATAR: 98.55 (converted from NZ NCEA level 3 grades)
- I also sat scholarship papers and achieved them in PE (physical education) and Biology, but I feel like that is just a New Zealand thing and not relevent to this
UCAT:
VR - 700
DM - 650
QR - 700
AR - 770
SJT - 708
Total: 2820 ( I think I saw somewhere that 90th percentile was 2830? Not sure though )

Also any possibility using my first year university grades if they were still reasonably high?

Sorry if this is not the right place to post and I haven't looked properly!

Cheers! :)

Unfortunately, all Universities you’d be eligible to apply to closed to new applications some months ago. You will need to wait and apply next year (and sit UCAT again) if you don’t get an NZ offer and still want to cast your net further. You could apply to JCU (no UCAT), UNSW, JMP, and WSU for 2021 entry.

The only 2020 entry option for you would be Bond (full fee paying).

Soulblade

Lurker
Applying for: Medicine/Dentistry
Application Type: School Leaver
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99.2-99.6 (likely), SEAS should be +0.1 ATAR
UCAT Percentile Rank: 91
VR: 720
DM: 770
QR: 730
AR: 640
Total: 2860
Applying to: Everywhere really, hoping for Monash or UTAS
Other:
Specific Question: Chances of Monash interview and offer because I'd much prefer to not move interstate. And is my ATAR high enough to get an interview offer with the ATAR focused Unis.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Applying for: Medicine/Dentistry
Application Type: School Leaver
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99.2-99.6 (likely), SEAS should be +0.1 ATAR
UCAT Percentile Rank: 91
VR: 720
DM: 770
QR: 730
AR: 640
Total: 2860
Applying to: Everywhere really, hoping for Monash or UTAS
Other:
Specific Question: Chances of Monash interview and offer because I'd much prefer to not move interstate. And is my ATAR high enough to get an interview offer with the ATAR focused Unis.
You’ll definitely get an interview at Monash, but I won’t attempt to estimate your place offer chances.

You should get a Curtin interview I would think, too. I’m not sure where the “ATAR focused universities” that interview are other than Curtin.

Good luck!

Kamal

Applying for: Preferably medicine however also open to dentistry
Application Type: Non standard
Predicted ATAR/GPA: Currently 2nd year at UNSW with a 6.4 gpa
UCAT Percentile Rank: 97 (?)
VR: 590 (ahhhh)
DM: 700
QR: 830
AR: 870
Total: 2990
SJ: 701
Applying to: WSU and JMP (for med) as well as dentistry universities which are open to non standard applicants
Other:
Specific Question:
What are my chances of obtaining an interview? And what are the undergrad/non standard dentistry unis available? Is my verbal reasoning suffice? thanks in advance

Have you received an interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.