Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UCAT Results Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
Hey guys.
I am wondering what are my chances of getting an interview invite for Monash with a 99.7 ATAR (boosted up to 99.95 with Monash Guarantee and SEAS) with an embarrassing 86th percentile UCAT? Were there any students that received an invite with a combo like this in previous years?
If you're in Victoria, a very good chance. If applying from interstate, your chances are slim unfortunately :(

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
Hey everyone. I would just like to apologise for my inappropriate use of the adjective 'embarrassing' to describe my UCAT score. Everyone has worked so hard these two years and should be proud of what they have achieved. Moderator can you please delete my message as for some reason I do not have the capability to do so.
Also mate, its not just about everyone else don't be so hard on yourself for your score. You got a great score 86th percentile means you scored better than 86% of applicants which is something to be proud of. You could have better bed manor than someone with 99th percentile which could make you a better doctor in your own right chin up man :).

Also mate, its not just about everyone else don't be so hard on yourself for your score. You got a great score 86th percentile means you scored better than 86% of applicants which is something to be proud of. You could have better bed manor than someone with 99th percentile which could make you a better doctor in your own right chin up man :).
Thanks mate. That comment came off as mean but that was not my intention at all… Clearly staying up all night anxiously waiting for my ATAR has made my brain a bit fuzzy 😅😅

berocca

Lurker
Hi, is 97.95 ATAR and 92%ile UCAT enough for curtin med (I have no special considerations), along with a decent interview. I am applying as a non-rural non-broadway school leaver.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi, is 97.95 ATAR and 92%ile UCAT enough for curtin med (I have no special considerations), along with a decent interview. I am applying as a non-rural non-broadway school leaver.
We don’t get much Curtin data but these are the offers we had posted here earlier in the year for 2021 entry. The bolder offer is closest to your stats.

First offers released 14th Jan
UCAT: 99th%ile, ATAR: 99.30, CSP, declining for UQ
UCAT: 98th%ile, GPA: 5.92 (Masters degree), CSP, awaiting JMP interview
UCAT: 93rd%ile, ATAR: 99.90, CSP, accepting
UCAT: 92nd%ile, ATAR: 98.45, CSP, accepting
UCAT: 88th%ile, ATAR: 99.65, local
UCAT: 84th%ile, ATAR: 96.35, local, RA4, BMP, accepting
UCAT: 83rd%ile, ATAR: 99.60, local, CSP, accepting

SCL

Just wondering if I receive an interview invite from Monash with a 99.65 ATAR and 97%ile (3180) UCAT, how well do I need to score at the interview in order to secure an offer (any type). What are the chances of getting an offer with this ATAR and UCAT combination, without any special consideration and as a VIC student. Thanks.

Last edited:

Lawso

Just wondering if I receive an interview invite from Monash with a 99.65 ATAR and 97%ile (3180) UCAT, how well do I need to score at the interview in order to secure an offer (any type). What are the chances of getting an offer with this ATAR and UCAT combination without any special consideration. Thanks.
If you're victorian, then you'd have to stuff up the interview quite badly NOT to get an offer. I'd estimate you'd have to simply be in the top 50-60% of the interviewee's and you're sorted.

If you're interstate then chances would be a lot slimmer but still doable.

Hey everyone, I am a local Vic student, and I got a Monash interview sent to me on 19th of December.

I got 99.5 ATAR + I have SEAS and 80th percentile UCAT (bombed that one quite a bit). With this being said and the fact that I applied to all 3 Monash med pathways (ERC, Bonded and normal), how do my chances look to get in?

Also I should note that I definitely feel very confident for the interview based off my preparation and feedback I have received, so hopefully my performance there is better than both my ATAR and UCAT (definitely ucat lmao).

What do you guys think?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hey everyone, I am a local Vic student, and I got a Monash interview sent to me on 19th of December.

I got 99.5 ATAR + I have SEAS and 80th percentile UCAT (bombed that one quite a bit). With this being said and the fact that I applied to all 3 Monash med pathways (ERC, Bonded and normal), how do my chances look to get in?

Also I should note that I definitely feel very confident for the interview based off my preparation and feedback I have received, so hopefully my performance there is better than both my ATAR and UCAT (definitely ucat lmao).

What do you guys think?
From last year: closest to you…

UCAT: 83rd%ile, ATAR: 99.90, local, ERC, CSP, accepting

I’d imagine you’ll need to nail the interview.

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
Hi guys, does anyone know if a UCAT of 3300 but a WAM/GPA of 85/6.5 and an ATAR of 98.35 will be enough to receive an interview invite for UNSW?
I think UNSW currently uses best of so your selection rank (excluding SCATS if you have it) should be 99.5.

this combined with your UCAT score I would predict would be enough to land an interview

I think UNSW currently uses best of so your selection rank (excluding SCATS if you have it) should be 99.5.

this combined with your UCAT score I would predict would be enough to land an interview
My WAM right now is only made up of 7 courses of 6 units each though, does that affect the ATAR conversion at all? Does it count as a full time year for UNSW?

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
My WAM right now is only made up of 7 courses of 6 units each though, does that affect the ATAR conversion at all? Does it count as a full time year for UNSW?
Im only aware of the GPA conversion table, if you studied at your institution a full time course year it would count it’s also important to note that UNSW only requires .75 FTE Equivelant to transfer into medicine not 1 FTE so if you missed a unit one semester you should be fine

Hello, sorry to be a nuisance but I can't help but be nervous about an anticipated UNSW interview especially after seeing last year's median ATAR and UCAT scores. How probable would you say is an ATAR of 99.95 and UCAT of 3150 (97th) in:
(1) gaining an interview invite
(2) receiving an offer (provided an "average" interview score)
I apologise if I sound pretentious but I can't calm my nerves at this point in time, thanks.

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
Hello, sorry to be a nuisance but I can't help but be nervous about an anticipated UNSW interview especially after seeing last year's median ATAR and UCAT scores. How probable would you say is an ATAR of 99.95 and UCAT of 3150 (97th) in:
(1) gaining an interview invite
(2) receiving an offer (provided an "average" interview score)
I apologise if I sound pretentious but I can't calm my nerves at this point in time, thanks.
You'll definitely get an interview invite, and if you score dead average like you say (50th percentile) that will translate to an offer. The trouble is knowing what an "average" interview looks like. Practice with friends to get an idea of where other people are at.

You'll definitely get an interview invite, and if you score dead average like you say (50th percentile) that will translate to an offer. The trouble is knowing what an "average" interview looks like. Practice with friends to get an idea of where other people are at.
Out of interest, would that be a CSP or BMP offer?

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
Out of interest, would that be a CSP or BMP offer?
99.95/97%ile/50%ile interview *should* translate to a CSP offer. There's too many variables at play here though especrially wrt the interview, so focus on doing the best you can in that, just know that you have considerably higher than average "entrance scores" so you'll start the interview with a leg up.

99.95/97%ile/50%ile interview *should* translate to a CSP offer. There's too many variables at play here though especrially wrt the interview, so focus on doing the best you can in that, just know that you have considerably higher than average "entrance scores" so you'll start the interview with a leg up.
Ah I see, thanks! That's a lot more reassuring knowing that my interview doesn't need to be "outstanding". I've been practising for a long time so I'm just worrying about that one worst-case scenario when I stumble on a few questions.

neko

I would also like to ask the same question about whether it's probable I will be getting an invite for UNSW with 3210 UCAT and 7.0GPA (as an interstate). Not to sound pretentious either but still concerned especially with how unis aren't completely transparent with non-standards :(

Status
Not open for further replies.