Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UCAT Results Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I would also like to ask the same question about whether it's probable I will be getting an invite for UNSW with 3210 UCAT and 7.0GPA (as an interstate). Not to sound pretentious either but still concerned especially with how unis aren't completely transparent with non-standards :(
Please use the proforma found in post one of this thread so that accurate information can be provided to you. For example, knowing your ATAR is a requirement to answering this accurately. Thank you.

For anyone else wanting to ask “what are my chances” questions, also please use the proforma as it makes things much easier.

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
I would also like to ask the same question about whether it's probable I will be getting an invite for UNSW with 3210 UCAT and 7.0GPA (as an interstate). Not to sound pretentious either but still concerned especially with how unis aren't completely transparent with non-standards :(
You will receive an interview with that score a 7.0 GPA plus a 99th percentile UCAT.

I would go as far as to say you will be in with a good chance of receiving an offer from the interview too iirc however no-one here at MSO knows how a 7.0 GPA accurately translates into a selection rank for UNSW our best guess from this forum using tables and other resources we have found over the years is it'll translate too 99.5<.

Edit: As LMG stated above this is assuming when you graduated school you met the minimum ATAR cuttoff since UNSW uses a best of system now it only matters that you met it.

neko

Please use the proforma found in post one of this thread so that accurate information can be provided to you. For example, knowing your ATAR is a requirement to answering this accurately. Thank you.

For anyone else wanting to ask “what are my chances” questions, also please use the proforma as it makes things much easier.
Sorry about that! Will make sure to follow the guidelines from now on.

My ATAR > 96 so it meets the minimum requirement. And yes, I am mainly unsure because they have changed up their system for this cycle (just using best of) which makes it a little nerve-wracking.

Applying for: Med
Application Type: School Leaver
Actual ATAR/GPA: 99.75
UCAT Percentile Rank: 93
VR: 640
DM: 730
QR: 880
AR: 770
Total: 3020
SJ: 560 (yeah not great)
Possible WSU Formula Total (58%VR + 12%DM + 12%QR + 18%AR): 703
Current State: QLD
Applying to: UNSW, Monash (unlikely since interstate), UQ (not offered)
Rural Applicant: No
GWS Applicant: No
Indigenous Applicant: No
Other: No
Specific Question: How likely is it for me to get an interview invite from UNSW (and are they stricter on interstate like Monash)? After seeing data for last year's interview invites I'm hella scared. Stressing out and potentially considering GAMSAT... otherwise my other best bet is USC or lateral entry scheme UNSW 😭😭 Much appreciato ^^

kkkk

Applying for: dent
Application Type:
School Leaver
Actual ATAR/GPA: 98 ish
VR: 630
DM: 790
QR: 800
AR: 800
SJ: 582
Current State: NSW
Applying to:
Griffith Dentistry
Specific Question: hey do i have much of a chance for griffith dent if i have a decent interview (top 25% ish)

Applying for: dent
Application Type:
School Leaver
Actual ATAR/GPA: 98 ish
VR: 630
DM: 790
QR: 800
AR: 800
SJ: 582
Current State: NSW
Applying to:
Griffith Dentistry
Specific Question: hey do i have much of a chance for griffith dent if i have a decent interview (top 25% ish)
Since your ATAR is decent and UCAT is quite high for dent, I think just don't stuff up on your interviews (>=50% percentile) and you should be fine! ^^ of course the more competitive you are the better your chances. I don't think Griffith gives preferential treatment to local state kids (don't quote me -_-) but nonetheless good luck

franfran

Lurker
Applying for: Medicine and Dentistry
Application Type: Non standard
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 7 GPA
UCAT Percentile Rank: 48th
VR: 530
DM: 550
QR: 660
AR: 660
Total: 2400
SJ: 550
Current State: QLD
Applying to: UQ dent, Griffith Dent, JCU med, and Dent
Rural Applicant: YES
Other: N/A
Specific Question: applying as a non-standard entry, first-year sitting UCAT, used most of my energy getting GPA 7, I am Dyslexic, so will be taking 2022 UCAT. i know my rank is really low, so much more hard work needed to be done. getting that top 5% seems to be impossible for me, i really want to give it a go in 2022 and believe in my own greatness. hard work breeds miracles.
(content removed) thank you for reading!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Miner20

Hi guys, I will be finishing off my biomed degree by the end of this year, and was thinking of sitting UCAT this year, I just want to know what universities I am eligible for (both Med and Dent), I have a current GPA of 6.8 . I know my options are pretty limited but just want to see what I can apply for. Would appreciate any advise !
Edit : I am also open for any universities in New Zealand.

Last edited:

Liam_701

BMedSci/MD
I got a 2780 UCAT and a 99.65 ATAR and felt the interview went quite well. Do you guys think there is still a chance I get an offer considering the low UCAT score or should I start looking for other pathways in?

mvn

Hi, my UCAT is 95th percentile and ATAR 98+ and i thought the interview went OK. I'm a yr12 leaver from SA. What are my chances still for Adel Med or Dent? Thanks in advance.

Lawso

I got a 2780 UCAT and a 99.65 ATAR and felt the interview went quite well. Do you guys think there is still a chance I get an offer considering the low UCAT score or should I start looking for other pathways in?
Weightings are 40% ATAR (good for you, very good ATAR), 20% UCAT (again good for you because thats a relatively low score), and 40% interview (which is also good as you say it went well, obviously there is no way to be certain about that, i thought i did very well in my JMP interview and didn't even land a spot there 💀)

Honestly, its a very tricky situation but it never hurts to have multiple back ups. Start looking at other pathways, and i personally wouldnt be OVERLY optimistic, that inevitably just leads to disappointment. With that said, hang on to a lil shred of hope, you never know what can happen :)

rohit45

Hi, my UCAT is 95th percentile and ATAR 98+ and i thought the interview went OK. I'm a yr12 leaver from SA. What are my chances still for Adel Med or Dent? Thanks in advance.
You have a really good chance. I know some of my friends who got in with that score. If it doesn't work, you could potentially do Year 13.

mvn

You have a really good chance. I know some of my friends who got in with that score. If it doesn't work, you could potentially do Year 13.
Thanks. when did your friends got in? 2022 first round offers.
? Fingers crossed (and praying)!!

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi, I'm a Vic applicant with a 99.55 ATAR and 92% UCAT. What are my chances for a second round offer at Monash?
Offers are not really possible to predict where there’s an interview as part of the eligibility determination. Interview chances we can generally do, but interview performance is such an unknown. I recall from the offers thread someone with 99.95 and 3000+ who got no offers for interview based universities. You’ll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.