Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UCAT threshold 2019

Fencess

lil doggo
No one knows the threshold - there are no previous statistics.

That being said, take the next paragraph with a grain of sand. We've all got our fingers crossed, dont worry!
It seems to me based on the admissions website/how they've done it previously that the graduate threshold will be lower then the threshold for HSFY. In first year the people with good grades but bomb UMAT are the ones that have the oppurtiunity to come back through graduate entry.
When UMAT was around, grads only needed to reach a threshold for UMAT and then it was grades from there. This threshold was quite low.

There's average scores from previous years here. (UKCAT was UCAT earlier)
Keep in mind this is the mean.

On this website, Under how is the UCAT scored it states:
The majority of test takers score between 500 to 700 in each of these sections, with an average score of approximately 660 per section

If this is true, a score of 550 will probably mean you are still within 1SD of the mean.That's probably an adequate score.

Secondly, the admissions website doesn't seem to suggest a differentiation on UCAT scores between rural, Māori, low SES etc.
This also suggests it is going to be reasonably low, as they couldn't let UCAT prevent them taking on people from these categories.

Hope that made you relax a bit. Anyone else have any thoughts/agree/disagree?

Bunny230

Is this from Otago uni? On the admissions page it says the threshold will be score based not percentile based....??? Otherwise I'm totally screwed with my lowest score @ 530 😢

Fencess

lil doggo
From admissions website:
Graduate Category:
Applicants must have a current UCAT result and achieved a score in all five of the UCAT sections at a threshold level determined annually by the Medical Admissions Committee.

Hmmm, a bit of discretion between the email and what they say on the website. I suppose overall it's kinda the same thing though.

It will be interesting to see which sections have higher thresholds than others. With UMAT they weighted Abstract Reasoning (called Non-verbal reasoning back then) less then the other two. I'm guessing they will have lower threshold scores for this section again. Perhaps QR as well.

For those interested or missed it:
UCAT Score Summary Statistics 2019

Last edited: