Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Umat 2015 Discussion Thread

Axwe8

so what i posted on hatbox - ok so summary what happened after my facebook became a questionnaire about the UMAT, is that Section 1 was usual mediocre (i did it last year so i will compare), Section 2 had more cartoons and easier vocab (last years was quite hard, still managed a 62), S3 this year was any practice test (ACER or any third party) on drugs, insanely different = hard.

eddterrange

Yeah I agree, section 3 is a bit too difficult compare to last year. But this year I didn't get to finish it on time (sadly), I guessed like 5-8 Section 2 questions, and still didn't have time to fill in the last 2 questions for section 2. Hopefully I can get 85%ile above :(

Khaos

Well can't be as bad as me! As the lady told us to put our pencils down I still had 10 Qs to fill in/ guess... so thats 10 marks automatically lost..

eddterrange

Well can't be as bad as me! As the lady told us to put our pencils down I still had 10 Qs to fill in/ guess... so thats 10 marks automatically lost..
I feel you man, we can always try UMAT again...

YinYang

Awww. Well here's hoping you did well enough in the rest of the paper to make up for them.

isaach

Yep, section 3 was insane.

Did anyone get the cartoon of the lady painting with her partner - was she 'naively optimistic'. And the lady who turns her emotional trauma into funny anecdotes 'deluding herself'??

eddterrange

Yep, section 3 was insane.

Did anyone get the cartoon of the lady painting with her partner - was she 'naively optimistic'. And the lady who turns her emotional trauma into funny anecdotes 'deluding herself'??
The answer for that cartoon should be naive and optimistic. One of the *prep courses* I did (we shouldn't really talk about it) have the exact same question in their trial exams.

eddterrange

You kidding me the prep course had an exact same question lol wot is life.
I'm serious... that question is exactly the same... But it doesn't put me in an advantage, because I didn't get to finish Section 2 properly and left out 2 questions unguessed...

eddterrange

I'm not sure if i chose that answer, I think I got around 95/100 out of 134
that seems like an impressive raw mark... I can't even estimate how many question i got right.

eddterrange

some questions, I went through and thought NOPE! not wasting my time.
I basically did the same, but wasted some time on Section 1 & 3, ahh... I regret my decisions now.

Axwe8

Hmm yea naively optimistic. Last year there was only 1 cartoon. This year 4 ugh. The paediatrician one stumped me tho.