Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UMAT 2018 Results Only Thread - A QUICK POLL

I would find a UMAT 2018 Results Only thread useful and I would contribute to it.

• Other, added below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smelly Boy

Fourth time’s the charm
What’s the actual point of results only thread?

For me I voted that I want one but tbh I don’t get the point of it. I’ve read through results threads before and at the end of it I’m like why did I even read this and why is it interesting?

LMG!

Admodistrator
What’s the actual point of results only thread?

For me I voted that I want one but tbh I don’t get the point of it. I’ve read through results threads before and at the end of it I’m like why did I even read this and why is it interesting?
Pretty much this! Haha! It's exactly why I was gonna scrap it :D

It's intended to be a way for people to share their results (if they want to) but not ask questions or engage in any type of conversation about it, which some people do want to do. It's also a good (lol, bad) time waster for other people... like you. And me.

It's also the only place we have (historically) asked about use of prep materials, but to be honest, I've personally never done anything with that info., just... looked at it superficially.

Smelly Boy

Fourth time’s the charm
Pretty much this! Haha! It's exactly why I was gonna scrap it :D

It's intended to be a way for people to share their results (if they want to) but not ask questions or engage in any type of conversation about it, which some people do want to do. It's also a good (lol, bad) time waster for other people... like you. And me.

It's also the only place we have (historically) asked about use of prep materials, but to be honest, I've personally never done anything with that info., just... looked at it superficially.
For me I wouldn’t want to waste your time making it so I reckon just scrap it. After looking at results threads I forget about it in a minute lol. Don’t think it’s worth your time and you’ll be on morning and night shifts answering people’s questions in discussion threads too.

We can just look at people’s results on the result discussion page lol

Oh wait would it be just a thread (is that what it’s called? I’m not good with forum lingo) you open and people chuck in their results if they want? I guess if all you have to do is open it and let people respond then it wouldn’t hurt. I wrote the above message with the thought that you’d be collating all results haha (definitely not worth doing).

Last edited by a moderator:

LMG!

Admodistrator
Oh wait would it be just a thread (is that what it’s called? I’m not good with forum lingo) you open and people chuck in their results if they want? I guess if all you have to do is open it and let people respond then it wouldn’t hurt. I wrote the above message with the thought that you’d be collating all results haha (definitely not worth doing).
It would be largely 'set and forget', no collating required.

A1

Admissions Speculator
I think we don't need to create this thread early. When the Discussion thread comes to a close I can scroll through tick all the posts with results included and copy them to a new Results Only thread. It can be done in 15 minutes.

LMG!

Admodistrator
I think we don't need to create this thread early. When the Discussion thread comes to a close I can scroll through tick all the posts with results included and copy them to a new Results Only thread. It can be done in 15 minutes.
Yeah, Stuart and I discussed doing exactly that in a PM earlier. Agreed. If we need it at all (we probably don't), then that's what we can do.

sarangiya

UNSW BMed/MD I
I'm for it.
Truly, I'm not fussed about its purpose. I figure, though, what's the harm in an extra thread? If it isn't used, it isn't used. If people find a use for it, they will read it. If they don't, they won't.
Unless it is difficult to maintain from an administrative point of view, I think it just being there is okay.