Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UMAT 2018 Study Group Requests

Mahwish

Lurker
Is there anyone interested on doing a group study for or prep for UMAT 2018? I am struggling to do it all by my self. I am not even sure where to start and what to purchase for the preparation beside the UMAT Acer materials. Please somebody help me here. I really need to start my prep now as I will get busy with my degree in two months time. I am in Brisbane and willing to make a group online or a city based one.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Yanara

Lurker
Is there anyone interested on doing a group study for or prep for UMAT 2018? I am struggling to do it all by my self. I am not even sure where to start and what to purchase for the preparation beside the UMAT Acer materials. Please somebody help me here. I really need to start my prep now as I will get busy with my degree in two months time. I am in Brisbane and willing to make a group online or a city based one.

Thanks a lot everyone.
Hey, Mahwish I’m looking for someone to study with also. I live in Newcastle though.

Kat92

(Student BNurs WSU). Hopeful for JMP
If you have Facebook, there are a couple of organisations that occassionally put up a weekly UMAT question so that you test yourself (just type UMAT into the search bar), there are also practice questions that Mana put up here that are meant to be harder than the actual UMAT paper (so if you can do those, you can feel fairly confident in your abilities). Furthermore, I have found the books by Mohannah Education to be excellent! There are also free papers that you can source in terms of companies like Medentry, MedStart and Matrix but I have found these to be somewhat plagued with errors --perhaps it could just be because they are the free one's as I have heard others say that those companies provide good prep.

Kat92

Thanks a lot everyone.
Also, there are specific forums below where you could put up any questions that you are stuck with so that I and other members can discuss our thoughts and explanations with you! :)

Yanara

Lurker
If you have Facebook, there are a couple of organisations that occassionally put up a weekly UMAT question so that you test yourself (just type UMAT into the search bar), there are also practice questions that Mana put up here that are meant to be harder than the actual UMAT paper (so if you can do those, you can feel fairly confident in your abilities). Furthermore, I have found the books by Mohannah Education to be excellent! There are also free papers that you can source in terms of companies like Medentry, MedStart and Matrix but I have found these to be somewhat plagued with errors --perhaps it could just be because they are the free one's as I have heard others say that those companies provide good prep.
That’s really helpful Kat92 I purchased Practice 2 and Additional question from UMAT, however, I tried not to limit myself with resources also I don’t know where to find some free practice questions. Glad you mention the stuffs above.

Thabk you :)

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
That’s really helpful Kat92 I purchased Practice 2 and Additional question from UMAT, however, I tried not to limit myself with resources also I don’t know where to find some free practice questions. Glad you mention the stuffs above.

Thabk you :)

Just google 'UMAT practice exam free'. A few different options should come up. Medentry's is a half-length one, I believe.

Kat92

Just google 'UMAT practice exam free'. A few different options should come up. Medentry's is a half-length one, I believe.
That’s what I have been doing and some good ones have popped up! ;) LMG! I think from memory you are correct that the free Medentry is a half paper.

Jaafar

Lurker
Hi - Anyone have space in their group or want to make a group with me for the group discount on the MedEntry Platinum Course? ($595) Needs 3-5 members.

Isla

Lurker
Anyone interested in forming a UMAT study group in Melbourne?

I did the UMAT last year and received 73 (~97th percentile) for section 3. I can give you many tips and resources for section 3.
This year I need to improve in sections 1 and 2 so was wondering if anyone is interested, so that we can share our resources and discuss questions.

Let me know :)

Is there anyone looking for a study buddy or interested in doing a group study for UMAT prep in Perth? I am struggling to do it alone. I am South of the River and willing to travel NOR or meet up in the middle somewhere.

mukesh

I can access the online content, but can’t register for the workshop, I have sent them an email about this have not heard back. I think it needs to be someone from nz, min 2 people. Will keep you posted.