Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UMAT Admissions Tickets Are Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin

You can keep it in your pocket as long as it can't be seen bulging through, you're sure it's turned off, and you don't make it visible around the test area.

hachoo

Lateral Chestybond
I turned my phone off and put it on the ground. That as well as my wallet and drink bottle were there and the supervisors did check to see if my phone was off. I saw alot of people bring school bags and things and left them near the front of the hall. Adelaide's testing centre is in the Ridley building which has an entrance area (where they process you and give you table numbers) and then the main hall area (which does have two areas where you can place bags).

With things like tissues, asthma puffers and alike, you'd be best to contact ACER or bring them on the day but with a bag or something so you can put it somewhere 'safe' if you are not allowed to bring it to your table.

Ice.Coffee

yeah..just so they know that you wont rush off after it's all done and rush off to call friends in diff states and tell them the answers

anonymouse

Originally posted by hachoo@Jul 23 2007, 10:51 PM
I turned my phone off and put it on the ground. That as well as my wallet and drink bottle were there and the supervisors did check to see if my phone was off. I saw alot of people bring school bags and things and left them near the front of the hall. Adelaide's testing centre is in the Ridley building which has an entrance area (where they process you and give you table numbers) and then the main hall area (which does have two areas where you can place bags).

With things like tissues, asthma puffers and alike, you'd be best to contact ACER or bring them on the day but with a bag or something so you can put it somewhere 'safe' if you are not allowed to bring it to your table.
[snapback]48961[/snapback]​
phone turned off under the table, along with water bottle and wallet, for me too... Wouldn't take a bag though.

kloudsurfer

Originally posted by AussieChica@Jul 23 2007, 10:01 PM
idk... if they say u can't bring a phone in, that includes if it's switched off, so it's your risk
[snapback]48948[/snapback]​
Its not like they are going to search us or anything. Ill just keep it in my jacket pocket...

But yeah, I definitely need to take a bag for a number of reasons (medication, etc). Im sure ill be able to put it somewhere anyway...

Nashinator

In Sydney last year there was an area where all the bags were dumped, and then your phone, wallet and water were put on the ground...this sounds like fairly standard procedure. Don't stress about the small stuff :)

~shinigami~

。◕‿◕。
Emeritus
Originally posted by complicated@Jul 24 2007, 03:09 PM
Everyone, best of luck for the UMAT tomorrow :)
[snapback]48996[/snapback]​
Thanks complicated. :)

Hopefully I'll have luck on my side tomorrow. :lol:

kevin

Originally posted by Ice.Coffee@Jul 23 2007, 10:52 PM
yeah..just so they know that you wont rush off after it's all done and rush off to call friends in diff states and tell them the answers
[snapback]48962[/snapback]​
Not really... by the time you're out of the centre, there's half an hr until the next exam

theangelofdarkness

International Member of Mystery
Emeritus
yes, but you forget we're 2 hours ahead of the western australians, and half an hour ahead of adeladians and 2 hours behind new zealanders...

lordgarlic

MSO Kiwi #1
Emeritus
Originally posted by theangelofdarkness@Jul 24 2007, 11:01 PM
yes, but you forget we're 2 hours ahead of the western australians, and half an hour ahead of adeladians and 2 hours behind new zealanders...
[snapback]49047[/snapback]​
western australians benefit from new zealanders haha

first session is at 830am here i think which is uhhh (430am western time? or maybe 330am i don't know haha). either way its 630am AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.