UMAT Section 1 Questions for GAMSAT prep?

Discussion in 'GAMSAT' started by Caffeinemia, May 11, 2018.

1. Caffeinemia

Caffeinemia Member

I've been told that the March exam was heavily based on logical reasoning/problem solving and that the science knowledge required was lower than previous exams. Somebody mentioned using UMAT Section 1 to prepare; for those of you that may be more familiar with both exams, do you think this is a viable option?

2. Perplex

Perplex Member

I've sat the GAMSAT in a while (over a year ago now) so I'm not sure how it has changed. I'd say doing ACER questions is the closest thing to the real thing. Whether this extends to utilising UMAT questions I am not sure.

3. Caffeinemia

Caffeinemia Member

Yeah, i'm just looking for problem solving/interpretation practice as the exam is now more of an aptitude test than anything. I see so many people memorizing the sciences and this is apparently not helpful; so i'm looking to take a different approach

4. Perplex

Perplex Member

I can't confirm whether doing UMAT Section 1 questions will be helpful, but attempting problem solving questions will help I imagine. As I said before, try and do the ACER questions but beyond that I'm not sure what exists in terms of preparation services. Maybe even doing non-gamsat logical reasoning problems may help. I think plenty of these exist on the Internet. I did find that the Examcrackers MCAT Verbal reasoning questions were helpeful.