Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UMelb MBBS

hpfanfiction

Paediatric Healer at St. Mungo's Hospital
Emeritus Staff
It wouldn't be <1% of the state as atars are calculated based on the school age population not the VCE population hence why the lowest atar is hardly ever 0 and few get below 30. It's not an even scale.

As for counting eng I wonder if they adjust your mark and calculate it their way like they do for bonus points. Besides as nobody counts eng there marks on av would all go up as even those who are good at eng would stay on the same numerical score. Wouldn't greatly affect your rank though as itvwoud affect everyone and the majority of med wannabes tend to be better at the scis anyway

Actually, since you will be receiving an ATAR this yr, and I believe this is the same for the TER/UAI, you should know that while the ATAR/TER/UAI is a rank, it is not a percentile. Getting 99 does not mean you are sitting on the 99th percentile.

Refer to: http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/2009_table_A8.pdf which states that a 99th percentile corresponded to an ATAR of 99.40.

The ATAR is calculated by comparing the cohort to the cohort as it stood when you were in year 7. Thus, many people who are no longer in yr 12 statistically fill up 0-30. Also, in 2009 in NSW, 17.4% of students received an ATAR of 90+, IIRC.

hpfanfiction

Paediatric Healer at St. Mungo's Hospital
Emeritus Staff
And yeah we get marks out of 100 and usually the top mark in the state isn't 100 but more like 97/98. If you aren't doing spec or a language what are your 6 subjects ?

vexx

^ i dont know about other states but here in vic and ENTER of 99 means you got better then 99% of the vce population and quite a large amount of people get enters below <30.

and each 0.05 is roughly 25 or 30 people.
25'ish people get 99.95
25'ish more get 99.90
and ect.

it IS a ranking and a percentile rank at that.

i did psych last year.
and this year i'm doing
bio
chem
methods
further
english language
and uni chem

the uni chem gives me bonus points in qld.

hschoi319

im starting undergrad pharmacy at UQ this year. and, in 2nd year, im hoping i could transfer to biomed at Melbourne-for Guranteed Entrance. My question is, does ENTER 99.9 required have to come from my highschool results? or my 1st year pharmacy results?
thanx.

vexx

im starting undergrad pharmacy at UQ this year. and, in 2nd year, im hoping i could transfer to biomed at Melbourne-for Guranteed Entrance. My question is, does ENTER 99.9 required have to come from my highschool results? or my 1st year pharmacy results?
thanx.

haha you can't get an enter from a uni degree o_o
you need 99.90+ and start/finish an entire degree at UoM to be eligible.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads