UNE/UON JMP hopefuls 2019

Discussion in 'Newcastle / Armidale (UNE)' started by JMP Lova, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Whynot101

Whynot101 WSU MD I

Yeah I'm interstate too, and in last round it said "didn't meet additional requirements or something of the sort?" because I had not done my interstate interview yet. I take the policy that no news is better news that bad news so fingers crossed for you :)

rik09 likes this.
  2. Slimy

Slimy New Member

Well...called UNE...they said all the offers for this round has been sent out. No one picking up phone at UoN. Guess this is it for now. :(

mickeymoose likes this.
  3. rik09

rik09 New Member

Can anyone make a guess as to how likely top up offers are?

4. LMG!

LMG! Moderator (UTAS MBBS) Most Helpful Member and Staff Member of the Year 2017-2018

Clinical Psychologist
    We've had one already posted here at MSO (so others have probably also gone out). Some of the offers received today aren't being taken up, either, so there may be (a lucky few) more to come.

5. jamesatwestbeach

jamesatwestbeach New Member

Has anyone got a rejection email yet?
    LMG do you have an idea of how many offers have been sent out considering you mentioned people declining, I've only counted three posted here (excluding the ones that declined). I would assume there would have been no more than approx 10 sent out, but that still seems really low considering around 80 were interviewed.

6. LMG!

LMG! Moderator (UTAS MBBS) Most Helpful Member and Staff Member of the Year 2017-2018

Clinical Psychologist
    We usually base MSO data on a rule of thumb theory that what we get here represents about 5-10% of the overall (so, very minimal, but still useful). If we've had 3 offers reported here, I'd think that would extrapolate to over 20 offers actually being made. For example, we had about 20 first round JMP offers posted here, despite the fact that there are 170 places available (plus over-offering).

Why do you think only 10? Do you know of something re. the numbers that I'm not aware of?

7. rik09

rik09 New Member

nope still no rejection email, I don't really know what that means

8. LMG!

Clinical Psychologist
    Most universities don't send out rejection emails until O Week (or thereabouts), if they send them at all, so it probably doesn't mean a great deal.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  9. maniacfish

maniacfish Regular Member

I don't think they send those out at all. I checked my emails from last year and I don't seem to have received one.

10. jamesatwestbeach

jamesatwestbeach New Member

No, it was just an estimate more so than anything else.

LMG! likes this.
  11. riekomckenzie

riekomckenzie New Member

For anyone else who got a confusing email from UAC yesterday like me, UNE has sent an email which clarifies your place (CSP/BMP)

12. Crow

Crow Moderator Most Active 2018

Griffith MD
    So are you actually being offered a CSP?

13. riekomckenzie

riekomckenzie New Member

Yep!

nkkk, rik09, LMG! and 1 other person like this.
  14. Medtastic

Medtastic JMP BMedSci/MD UoN I

Hi, does anyone know what type of National Police Check JMP requires? I'm not sure whether I'm required to get a standard National Police History Check or if a Volunteer National Police History Check will do since it will be for student placement.

15. zanziexx

zanziexx JMP UON

Hey!
    I was a first year at UON last year and we required a standard police check. They ask you to get it started before uni just so that you’re ready. Unfortunately you do have to pay for it. It’s for NSWHealth Requirements, not for the unis.
    Once it’s been completed they’ll ask you to bring it in to get it confirmed by a NSW Health Employee.

Hope that helps!

Medtastic likes this.
  16. Smh123

Smh123 New Member

Hey guys
    Has anyone been able to get any feedback from UON at all. Interview performance, idk anything? Does anyone know what nnumber i can call them on. It's just I thought I did really well :(
    and given the non survey thing and a bunch of other things it may be possible that something odd has happened i guess? wishful thinking!!

17. riekomckenzie

riekomckenzie New Member

you could try giving belinda a call?? she's really nice, her numbers (02) 6773 3796.

18. Gracious06

Gracious06 JMP acceptance

Hello, can you apply in JMP if you only finished diploma at tafe with credit average? Thank you.

19. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    Hi welcome to MSO. Unfortunately TAFE qualifications are not eligible. You need to use them to enter a uni course and do at least one year

> Academic eligibility

20. Gracious06

Gracious06 JMP acceptance

Aww, thank you. I'm planning to continue my RN this july and also to sit for UCAT this coming july as well, can i still do that ?