UNE/UON JMP hopefuls 2019

Discussion in 'Newcastle / Armidale (UNE)' started by JMP Lova, Mar 23, 2018.

1. memel0rd

memel0rd New Member

Just got a declined notification from UAC. Does anyone know if this occurs for people with interstate interviews on Jan 23/24 or if this is abnormal? (For UoN JMP)

2. PeterParkerPen

PeterParkerPen New Member

So accepting the offer from the uni is different from signing the contract for a bonded position? Thank you for the clarification! I see how they must have meant that

Crow likes this.
  3. hs2000

hs2000 New Member

Probably a silly question but to log in on the myHub to accept JMP offer, my username (student number) was sent in the email but what password is it? Is it from the direct application to JMP?

4. Nihal

Nihal UNE B MedSci/MD (Yr1)

I made an account, below in bold is a thing saying to click their for enrolment or something

5. maniacfish

maniacfish Regular Member

In response to emails today, newcastle seems to be saying that they don't expect to make any further offers. Surely this can't mean that they don't expect any people to decline offers. So can we just assume that any spots will be filled by interstate applicants?

6. Leaf247

Leaf247 New Member

Hi, I've accepted the offer at UNE, and they mentioned when accepting that they'll send another email about enrollment in 5 - 10 business days, so should I wait until their email to get started on the enrollment process?

(I'm not sure where I should post this question, hope this is the right place!)

7. LMG!

LMG! Moderator (UTAS MBBS) Most Helpful Member and Staff Member of the Year 2017-2018

Clinical Psychologist
    Yes, the contract you sign for the bonded position is with the Federal Government, not the university.

Congrats on your offer!

Any remaining spots will be filled by interstate applicants with interview scores above the lowest local offer already given out and then, if there are more, to the next on the list from both rounds. These will likely be via phone call rather than a UAC round.

8. Kanyewest2016

Kanyewest2016 New Member

Yeah, they have gotten used to over-offering over prior years. Essentially they'll have data that will tell them what their overall acceptance rate has been for the last 10+ years. So based on this they'll just estimate how many offers to send out in order to get x amount of places. I think in general the 2nd round is mostly for out of state, but could be wrong

9. Priyah

Priyah New Member

How many people usually get transferred from UNE to UON? Can this happen in second round offers??

10. Kanyewest2016

Kanyewest2016 New Member

Nope they don’t allow this generally, I think maybe a handful have transferred amongst all of the years, and you’d have to have exceptional circumstances, basically if it’s a conveniences issue they won’t allow it

11. Priyah

Priyah New Member

What if there so happens to be a person that is willing to go from UON to UNE?

12. Kanyewest2016

Kanyewest2016 New Member

Generally most people will preference UON and they go down the ranking list when allocating preferences. Everyone who preferences UNE and gets an offer will get an offer to UNE. Once they’ve offered the maximum places for UON that will be offered, everyone else will be offered to UNE as well.

It is pretty unlikely that someone who wanted to go to UNE will get a UON offer, so it’s not expected that people would want to transfer to UNE from UON, except to due unforeseen circumstances that happen after the preferencing is done.

Even so, they would be unlikely to move you from UNE to UON because the numbers aren’t a hard and fast rule. UON will usually have a number between 100-120 that changes slightly every year. If they were to allow such transfers it would create a two-tier system, where UON is seen as the better of the 2, whilst in reality it is a partnership. Also, there would be a majority of UNE students that would want to transfer into UON, so to avoid the entire mess the admissions generally don’t allow this.

drpkjr likes this.
  13. MarioWoofWoof

MarioWoofWoof New Member

I'm an interstate student from Victoria interested in attending the JMP interviews.

1) For the PQA, is it solely multiple choice questions about our personality, ie. "I am a resilient person" Disagree, Neutral, Agree

2) Are there any UMAT like questions, ie. Verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, logic puzzles etc.

3) If you do very poorly on the PQA, do they stop you from doing the interviews?

Thanks in advance!

14. JoshJoshi

JoshJoshi New Member

Hi i started the enrolling process for UNE and it says that i ahev enrolled in medical science only. is this normal. ALso im not sure what to pick when it ask me to pick majors and units?

15. Syntax

Syntax BMedSci/MD-JMP II UoN

Yes this is normal. The JMP is a dual degree of Medical Science followed by the MD. The whole program however is medicine and the only students that you will be with are other medical students.

For reference, you will enrol in the MD when going into 4th year after successful completion of years 1-3.

Edit: I don't recall having to pick 'majors' when enrolling, and you may not be able to enroll in it yet, but you will be completing MEDI1101A this semester. It will be your course code.

16. JoshJoshi

JoshJoshi New Member

Thanks for the reply
    SO are you saying i should just complete the enrolling process and not choose any majors or units?

17. Syntax

Syntax BMedSci/MD-JMP II UoN

Unfortunately I cannot recall specifics from my enrolment, I believe all I had to do however was enrol in Medical Science and then enrol in the course MEDI1101A (and MEDI1101B if it's available).

All classes and timetables are managed internally and arranged by the faculty. You will not be required to choose ANY of these and you usually won't be given it until your orientation week or first week of classes.

18. Potater

Potater New Member

does anyone know anything about a UoN med facebook/whatsapp group?

19. Lame

Lame New Member

There is a facebook group for new students (new to uon semester 1 2019), but thats all I know of currently.

20. pradon

pradon New Member

Would much appreciate if someone can advice if JMP considers EAS.
    Many Thanks!