Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Feedback and Suggestions Uni-specific blogposts on first year medicine experiences!

Ri97

serial tea drinker
Is there someway the moderators and admins can gather a group of trustworthy and active members from each medical program or university, to create a few odd blog-style posts and opinion pieces on their first year med school experiences? I think it's beneficial for current students to compare their experiences, for people who want to learn more about the programs they might be applying to (especially beyond the generic stuff institutions provide about their own programs).

Maybe it could be a seperate section on the site. I'm mainly asking about this because the 'western sydney' component of the site is dormant and inactive LOL.

chinaski

You'd be better off asking senior students or grads to contribute, as first years don't exactly have a wealth of experience and perspective to draw upon.

frootloop

Doctor
You'd be better off asking senior students or grads to contribute, as first years don't exactly have a wealth of experience and perspective to draw upon.
All the applicants here ever seem to want to know about is what first year is like when they're choosing a uni. Apparently the litmus test for the quality of a medical school is how many glowing recommendations given by first year students you can find.

Anyway, after you finish first year, you're a doctor, right? That's all there is to it?

Too mean? Probably. It's been a long day

chinaski

Somewhat akin to how everyone seems to equate internship to the hardest and busiest year of being a doctor. ;)

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
Somewhat akin to how everyone seems to equate internship to the hardest and busiest year of being a doctor. ;)

But my hours are long and I don't feel like I know what I'm doing!!!!!!! Wait, does that ever change?

More seriously, I would be happy for something like this to happen from any/all members on the site. Whether they be a medical student, pre-med trying to get in, running through the GAMSAT/UMAT prep, doing dentistry etc. Unfortunately other than through this forum I don't have a lot of contact personally with the other medical schools and so it's a bit difficult for me to organise. I am trying though!

Ri97

serial tea drinker
You're probably right, a wealth of experience is much better but I wasn't sure how many second/third etc. year students use this forum so I imagined gathering posts from first years might be easier :/

Regardless, I think blog-style ANYTHING whether it be posts, videos etc. are very popular and insanely informative (also super interesting) so I really think it's something MSO could benefit from.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads