Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

University of Sydney (i.e. go get 99.95)

Hydroxide

So does University of Sydney offer any bonus points? :p
Also, they say 30 places are available.....if they don't get filled would the TER/UAI/ENTER required be lowered?

Thanks

meethu

while we are on the topic of bonus pts - does any uni apart from adelaide and uq offer bonus pts for entry into med? :confused:

DaveT

no bonus points give at usyd, sorry only for those with really high uai. I think around 99.75+ would suffice though it fluctuates from year to year based on who applies.

meethu

basically if u are lucky/good enough to get 99.95 then u are pretty much guaranteed entry into Usyd with the interview being a mere formality.

mj23

I would think there would be over 30 people in the country that get 99.95 who apply and get accepted for the courses- so the cutoff probably stays at 99.95

ashy

Boo.
Emeritus Staff
they dont look at UMAT for Usyd.

benb

will they be offering more spots because now they are running BEc/MBBS and BCom/MBBS or will they jsut carve down numbers from the other 4 degrees they already have the program with
also: anyone who is in the program:
what's it like? how are the SMTP subjects (0 credit points)?
is it worth the effort in year 12?
how hard is it to keep up a credit average?
whats the interview liek?

luke

will they be offering more spots because now they are running BEc/MBBS and BCom/MBBS or will they jsut carve down numbers from the other 4 degrees they already have the program with
also: anyone who is in the program:
what's it like? how are the SMTP subjects (0 credit points)?
is it worth the effort in year 12?
how hard is it to keep up a credit average?
whats the interview liek?

I assume they will keep overall numbers relatively stable unless they are willing to remove CSP places from the grads. In order to retain the scholarship you need a WAM > 80 which is middle range distinction. Not easy but these people generally perform well anyway, considering they are the top achievers of the state.

aznboystar

I would think there would be over 30 people in the country that get 99.95 who apply and get accepted for the courses- so the cutoff probably stays at 99.95
it wouldnt be that high i dont think. i mean some who get that uai wouldnt want provisional entry and would look for undergrad places. then there are others on that uai who dont even wanna do med. from memory, the cutoff is around 99.65 or so.

Hydroxide

it wouldnt be that high i dont think. i mean some who get that uai wouldnt want provisional entry and would look for undergrad places. then there are others on that uai who dont even wanna do med. from memory, the cutoff is around 99.65 or so.

wow that makes it actually sound possible:p
How find out about 99.65?

aznboystar

wow that makes it actually sound possible:p
How find out about 99.65?

well from friends who have gone down that path. i know people who have gotten in with 99.65. but thats the lowest i remember. it could be lower but i cant be certain. but it changes from year to year.