Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UNSW UNSW Medicine: Direct Application Advice and Discussion

GottaGo

Hi everyone,

I'm just getting started on this UNSW direct application for undergraduate medicine, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for the life experience section? I understand that it doesn't play a role in offer placement, but it may be used in interviews.

Cheers
- Peter

chinaski

Anonymous said:
Hi! Does anyone have any tips on what to write for the UNSW medicine application questions?
Questions being:

In 30 words or less, tell us who you are? (30 words)

Describe the most important thing you have done in the past 2 years. Whys was it so important? (50 words)

Outline some experiences you would like to have in the next 10 years? (50 words)

Apart from your parents or guardians, identify the person who contributed the most to your success in life to date. In what way did they contribute? (40 words)

What makes you an outstanding candidate for our medical programme? (30 words)

Concluding statement (20 words)
Only you know the answers to these questions. I'm not really sure how you expect strangers on the internet to tell you what to write in response to them?

Last edited by a moderator:

ucatboy

MD II
Valued Member
Anonymous said:
Hi! Does anyone have any tips on what to write for the UNSW medicine application questions?
Questions being:

Describe the most important thing you have done in the past 2 years. Whys was it so important? (50 words)

Outline some experiences you would like to have in the next 10 years? (50 words)

Apart from your parents or guardians, identify the person who contributed the most to your success in life to date. In what way did they contribute? (40 words)

Seconding chinaski, it's a stupid idea to ask on the internet for "perfect" or "model" answers, one of the many reasons being there simply isn't one. Just so you know, these questions are not marked, they only serve to provide the interviewers with a bit of info about you so they can tailor the interview and better explore your interests and experiences. You can choose to either a. provide honest, meaningful responses to have a chill and laid back interview or b. write something generic and superficial like "I've AlWayS BeEN pasSioNAtE abOUT mEDIcine SInCe a YouNg AGe" and get grilled about it in the interview. Your choice :)

ALT

UNSW BMedMD I
For my interview last year, they didn’t bring up my responses at all and from talking to the people in my cohort, we all got the same set of interview questions so don’t worry too much about it!

A1

Admissions Speculator
For my interview last year, they didn’t bring up my responses at all
They could check behind your back whether what you say in the interview jells with what you wrote earlier. One way to detect if you've been coached to answer in certain ways ;)

Nardwuar

Anonymous said:
Questions being:

mate to be quite honest with you i don't think it matters too much. Even the interview to a lesser degree is more about whether you see likeable compared to whether your answers are amazing.