Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoA Graduate Category Chat/Enquiry

Hi! I was wondering if anyone that had done the interviews last year could let me know if there was a 'scenario' station as there used to be in face-to-face interviews and if so, how was it?

Hollyw28

BSc Biomed, PGDip Biomed, PGDip HSc, MBiomedSc
Hi! I was wondering if anyone that had done the interviews last year could let me know if there was a 'scenario' station as there used to be in face-to-face interviews and if so, how was it?
If you're talking about the roleplay/acting station, they didn't do it (and aren't doing it this year either) ☺️

Bootleg

Hi there! I am from UoO and am unfamiliar with the cumulative GPA system wondering if anyone can tell me how it works

thanks!!
The cumulative GPA is the grade point average of all grades a student has achieved. So basically it can be calculated as total grade points / total points taken.

Indrajit

Lurker
Hello, I'm currently finishing my 3rd year of undergraduate studies, and I am currently trying to apply for Medicine as a graduate. However, due to the rough 3 years, I have only managed to get a cumulative GPA of 7.714. If the semester 2 final grades are considered all A+ (as they do during interviews), I would still be at a cumulative GPA of 7.92. I was wondering what my chances were of getting an interview offer, much less managing to get into Medicine this year. Would I have any chance at all, or is it better to try it again next year when I'm doing my postgraduate studies?
Thank you in advance.

Bootleg

Hello, I'm currently finishing my 3rd year of undergraduate studies, and I am currently trying to apply for Medicine as a graduate. However, due to the rough 3 years, I have only managed to get a cumulative GPA of 7.714. If the semester 2 final grades are considered all A+ (as they do during interviews), I would still be at a cumulative GPA of 7.92. I was wondering what my chances were of getting an interview offer, much less managing to get into Medicine this year. Would I have any chance at all, or is it better to try it again next year when I'm doing my postgraduate studies?
Thank you in advance.
Sadly you're unlikely to receive an MMI invite with a GPA of 7.92 (assuming S2 grades of A+). For reference in both 2021 and 2020, you need a GPA of least a 8.2 (assuming A+ in S2) to receive an interview invite for medicine.

Nonetheless, anything is possible so you might get one this year, but based on past statistics its unlikely you will.

Indrajit

Lurker
Thank you very much for the reply.
I guess I'll just have to prepare for a postgrad diploma and hope to get a high enough GPA for an interview invite with that.