Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoA MBChB Entry - General Discussion and Questions

bat123

Hi bat123, Did you get your bahcelors degree from UoA? My UCAT is also 51% . I will be entering FY this year . I took the UCAT as I was trying to get in Australia Uni. Thinking of getting a degree and going for graduate entry instead as i am stressed out with the UCAT and want to take a break from it as i find it very hard.

No, I got my degree at AUT but the GPA scale is the same as UoA. My GPA is calculated using the marks I got from my Masters which was a combination of taught papers and a 120 pt thesis, also I'm a non-science grad so I'm not sure how helpful my input will be on this but I'm free to answer any additional questions if you have them.

Thurston

Lurker
Hey guys, just got an offer off the waitlist this morning by email and call. I've confirmed the offer by call but my application page says my offer has expired (email says I should enrol by the 9th). I've called the faculty but they don't seem to be picking up, would this be an issue confirming my offer?

Fili

Dentist 🦷
Hey guys, just got an offer off the waitlist this morning by email and call. I've confirmed the offer by call but my application page says my offer has expired (email says I should enrol by the 9th). I've called the faculty but they don't seem to be picking up, would this be an issue confirming my offer?

Doubt it. Just call them again later, they may be having lunch etc.

UoA MBChB IV
Damn congrats! Try enrolling now, maybe u’ll be able to.

ProfessorPond

Yahallo!
First of all congrats! The wait is finally over for you.
Are you a graduate or a FY? Im not sure if they have separate waiting lists, but my buddy is still on the list and Im hoping that the WL offers are gradually going to roll out.
Also I think I saw that around 1/3-1/4 of the waiting list people get in? Can someone confirm?

Fili

Dentist 🦷
First of all congrats! The wait is finally over for you.
Are you a graduate or a FY? Im not sure if they have separate waiting lists, but my buddy is still on the list and Im hoping that the WL offers are gradually going to roll out.
Also I think I saw that around 1/3-1/4 of the waiting list people get in? Can someone confirm?

No one can predict how many people get off the waitlist as it differs year by year and is entirely dependent on how many people decline their offers.

Last edited: