Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoA MBChB Entry - General Discussion and Questions

UoA MBChB IV
I haven't looked at them TBH.

I just had my MMI today. All the interviewers were friendly and helped me along when I had a few mind blanks. My "buddy" was really nice and helpful. Smile, be yourself, and put your best foot forward 🙂.
Oh thank you this is so helpful knowing interviewers are friendly.

Did you feel u did better than you thought you would?

014phalo

Oh thank you this is so helpful knowing interviewers are friendly.

Did you feel u did better than you thought you would?

They're there to help you present your best self, rather than hinder you.

I don't know to be fair. I think I did ok. At the same time, it's the bits that I slipped up on that are replaying in my head 😅. Everyone is nervous. Everyone is in the same boat. So my advice is to just try to relax, and always stay positive. After the first interview, the rest all seemed to fly by.

UoA MBChB IV
They're there to help you present your best self, rather than hinder you.

I don't know to be fair. I think I did ok. At the same time, it's the bits that I slipped up on that are replaying in my head 😅. Everyone is nervous. Everyone is in the same boat. So my advice is to just try to relax, and always stay positive. After the first interview, the rest all seemed to fly by.
Sorry for asking you so many questions, but how did u prepare for your interview? Like did you just practice answering questions by yourself or practice a lot with your friends? Because as much as I would like to practice with a lot of friends, the reality is that I only have one friend who I practice with, all others I’m not really close to so can’t really practice a lot with them. Sad life lol

What would u reckon I should do the most from now till 29th to maximise my score in interview?

Just a nervous boi whos not too confident with interviews.

Last edited:

014phalo

Sorry for asking you so many questions, but how did u prepare for your interview? Like did you just practice answering questions by yourself or practice a lot with your friends? Because as much as I would like to practice with a lot of friends, the reality is that I only have one friend who I practice with all others I’m not really close to so can’t really practice a lot with them. Sad life lol

What would u reckon I should do the most from now till 29th to maximise my score in interview?

Just a nervous boi whos not too confident with interviews.

I did minimal practice with my wife. I spent a bit of time thinking about the questions that may be asked and how I would respond. I'd say to perhaps do the same and read through some of the interview threads on MSO. I of course wouldn't be able to know if I did well or not at this stage. I also have minimal interview experience. Everyone will have different strengths and weaknesses, so you have to figure out yours, and find ways to improve them 🙂.

UoA MBChB IV
I did minimal practice with my wife. I spent a bit of time thinking about the questions that may be asked and how I would respond. I'd say to perhaps do the same and read through some of the interview threads on MSO. I of course wouldn't be able to know if I did well or not at this stage. I also have minimal interview experience. Everyone will have different strengths and weaknesses, so you have to figure out yours, and find ways to improve them 🙂.
Thank you 🙏.

Siti

I haven't looked at them TBH.

I just had my MMI today. All the interviewers were friendly and helped me along when I had a few mind blanks. My "buddy" was really nice and helpful. Smile, be yourself, and put your best foot forward 🙂.
Hi,
How long did you talk initially before they started asking you questions? I feel like I won't be able to talk much. I'm just really nervous and scared my mind will go blank haha were there any stations you really struggled with? Sorry for asking so much!

014phalo

Hi,
How long did you talk initially before they started asking you questions? I feel like I won't be able to talk much. I'm just really nervous and scared my mind will go blank haha were there any stations you really struggled with? Sorry for asking so much!

It really varied. On some stations I was able to say a lot more initially than others. I went blank two or three times, the interviewers helped me along 🙂. I think that everyone may struggle at different points (if you do at all), it depends on the individual. We all have different experiences and knowledge.

Siti

It really varied. On some stations I was able to say a lot more initially than others. I went blank two or three times, the interviewers helped me along 🙂. I think that everyone may struggle at different points (if you do at all), it depends on the individual. We all have different experiences and knowledge.
Thank you a lot!

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Would anyone who has had their interview be keen to let us know what kind of things were asked?

I don't think that's appropriate...

From an official MSO standpoint, we completely agree this would be inappropriate (and also stupid on the part of those giving an advantage to students who’ve not done the interview yet, at the expense of themselves!).

I had my interview yesterday, and I also had an interview last year. Both times were pretty much the same. (information moderated). I think the best thing you can do is relax! If my sage advice gains you an extra point in the interview, pushing me out of the last spot on the wait list, then.. oh well lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
oh wow my post got deleted.

(information moderated)

if all else fails, slide a fiver across the table and wink

As you were informed, your post was temporarily deleted until moderators could address it. This was due to concerns from other site users. It has since been edited.

It's all very well to say "oh well lol" about your own prospects, but you can't make that choice for other people too, which is what happens when hints about interview content are provided.

My bad I completely understand, my apologies

I just saw the MMI discussion with the questions from between 2014-2018 so I figured we could discuss this. Either way this is wrong as it does advantage those who are still yet to have their interview.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
My bad I completely understand, my apologies

I just saw the MMI discussion with the questions from between 2014-2018 so I figured we could discuss this. Either way this is wrong as it does advantage those who are still yet to have their interview.

Yeah, definitely feel free to have a discussion about those. We even had a dedicated thread here where you can answer pre-set MMIs or post your own plus how you’d answer, and a Doctor with interviewing experience will give you feedback :D

ETA: here’s the thread in question Practice Interview Question Thread

Oh I see - I got confused seeing as students from the past had told us about their questions. Thanks for guiding me, I'll be sure to visit those before my interview and have some practice of my own :)