Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UON and UNE

hoptart

Hey there :)

I can't for the life of me find any information comparing the two courses and universities! I know the curriculum is the same but I was wondering if any current students could give me some first hand insights into what the Medicine course in each university is like, if only to satisfy my curiosity!

Jordan

Hey there :)

I can't for the life of me find any information comparing the two courses and universities! I know the curriculum is the same but I was wondering if any current students could give me some first hand insights into what the Medicine course in each university is like, if only to satisfy my curiosity!

The medical course is identical! We sit the same exams, have the exact same PBL cases, get the same lectures, do the same lab tutorials... In terms of the course, there is absolutely nothing different between UoN and UNE

Syn

UNE has an amazing anatomy elective, which allows you to do a full body dissection over the course of the year. Also, UNE has a smaller class size and you all live fairly close together, so you will all end up becoming close. We also get to do an Ultrasound course and can get certified in doing FAST scans. Otherwise the actual assessable content learned is the same!

moufou

How are students structured at UNE and UoN?
According to the data on the website, is UNE mostly composed of work and life experience students, while UoN is mainly composed of recent secondary education students?

A1

Rookie Doc
According to the data on the website, is UNE mostly composed of work and life experience students
If you mean from this page these statistics are often not accurate
> Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine

Afaik there's no JMP admissions at UNE or UoN based directly on work/life experience. All applicants need to meet the ATAR/GPA hurdle and a sufficient UCAT to get an interview. Then place/campus allocations are based on interview ranks (which work/life experience can play a part in) + indicated preference. There shouldn't be a significant profile difference between the two campuses.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads