UoN Surgery

W

WeTheBestMusic

- Removed by request. Content below. -

Last edited by a moderator:

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Hi there, I was wondering if the UON med degree had surgery? It is not a bachelor of medicine/ bachelor of surgery degree. Does that mean that there's no surgery? Would the teaching of surgery be sub-par compared to other universities such as UNSW, USYD or UQ.

Same degree. Different name. Exactly equivalent in terms of what it enables you to do.

W

WeTheBestMusic

Same degree. Different name. Exactly equivalent in terms of what it enables you to do.
So it doesn't matter where I go, I'll be just as good at surgery as those from unis such as unsw uq usyd?

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
Also important to note that you do very little "surgery" in any medical school. It is mostly learning the anatomy and observing surgeries, perhaps helping out in small procedures and suturing up wounds if you're lucky.

So it doesn't matter where I go, I'll be just as good at surgery as those from unis such as unsw uq usyd?

In terms of what I have just described, you should be more-or-less the same as any other medical graduate.

k4ps

I agree with the above, but just pointing out that UNSW, UQ and USYD don't offer MBBS either but MD well BMed/MD I think is what UNSW offers.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads