Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoO: Alternative ('Other') Category Chat/Enquiries

episkey

Lurker
I just got my interview date. End of June. Apparently all interviews this year will be via Zoom. I've been going through my CV and personal statement and kinda ripping them apart to pick up all the skills and experiences i captured. Now trying to match them with actual clinical experiences. Kind of mini case studies. Just incase im asked. From what I've read here the interview is not generic.
Hi everyone, i'm new to MSO. I've just got my interview date for late June. Like Carmax, I am currently going through my CV and statement of reasons. Is anyone keen on forming a whatsapp group to study and prepare for the interview together?

episkey

Lurker
Hi all. We’ve created a WhatsApp group where we can share information and help each other prep for the upcoming interviews. If you’re interested please leave a reply here thanks!

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
How is this any different than say a forum post where we can share information and help each other prep for the upcoming interviews?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
How is this any different than say a forum post where we can share information and help each other prep for the upcoming interviews?

My understanding is they’re also doing/organising practice interviews etc with each other. It’s pretty common for this type of group to occur (and especially in the NZ forum).

drum99

UoA MBChB III
does anyone know what expertise the panel members are? like are they doctors or members of public with little knowledge in medicine
When I did my interview there was a Psychiatrist (omg was he psycho-analysing me or what?!), the head of early learning in medicine, the dean of admissions I think he was who basically steered the whole thing, and a lovely older woman from the community who did volunteering at the hospital.

I would definitely say be prepared as possible. It was shall we say, a pretty brutal grilling......

Yasshank

When I did my interview there was a Psychiatrist (omg was he psycho-analysing me or what?!), the head of early learning in medicine, the dean of admissions I think he was who basically steered the whole thing, and a lovely older woman from the community who did volunteering at the hospital.

I would definitely say be prepared as possible. It was shall we say, a pretty brutal grilling......
nawwww i want a lovely old lady. got my fingers crossed