Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoO: Alternative ('Other') Category Chat/Enquiries

bslater_

Yeah to be honest whenever I got nervous I'd look at her and she would smile. I think the other guys were trying to psyche me out mostly LOL
Aww that's sweet! I bet given the position of the other two that would be intimidating regardless haha. When you answer questions do they respond back at all or just kinda nod and move on? haha

drum99

UoA MBChB III
Aww that's sweet! I bet given the position of the other two that would be intimidating regardless haha. When you answer questions do they respond back at all or just kinda nod and move on? haha
They do kind of respond, but if I remember rightly they mostly responded in order to like challenge what you were saying (like a rebuttal type vibe), which was pretty ruthless in someways.....they definitely let you talk though and don't really cut you off......

bslater_

They do kind of respond, but if I remember rightly they mostly responded in order to like challenge what you were saying (like a rebuttal type vibe), which was pretty ruthless in someways.....they definitely let you talk though and don't really cut you off......
Ahk that's what I thought might happen haha. Getting ready for a hand skin and punching bag vibes haha. Glad to hear they don't cut you off though.

Chemboy2k

Lurker
Hi everyone, i'm new to MSO. I've just got my interview date for late June. Like Carmax, I am currently going through my CV and statement of reasons. Is anyone keen on forming a whatsapp group to study and prepare for the interview together?
Hi Episkey,

I am a late bloomer in finding this group. I have got an interview call for 2021 entry through an alternate category. I am interested in joining the WhatsApp group and go over questions and get some help in preparing for the interview. Can you please add me ?

Hi guys, lurker here, wanted to briefly introduce myself. I’m an Australian, in my early 30s, working in allied health (physiologist?. I had my UoO alternative cat. interview late June. Feeling relieved that it’s done and that I’ve got 7wks of blissful ignorance ahead. How are others feeling post interview?

drum99

UoA MBChB III
Hi guys, lurker here, wanted to briefly introduce myself. I’m an Australian, in my early 30s, working in allied health (physiologist?. I had my UoO alternative cat. interview late June. Feeling relieved that it’s done and that I’ve got 7wks of blissful ignorance ahead. How are others feeling post interview?
Argh the wait is so gruelling eh......good luck!!

bslater_

Hey! I’m also in Australia :) what a gruelling wait it is! I’m in medical management, currently work with an Ortho. How do you feel your interview went? Good luck!

Hey! I’m also in Australia :) what a gruelling wait it is! I’m in medical management, currently work with an Ortho. How do you feel your interview went? Good luck!
I think it went Ok. Certainly pre-interview I felt I could have done more to prepare but when it came to the interview the panel were so friendly (I was expecting serious so it was a really lovely surprise). How about for you?

Tradie

Lurker
Long-time reader, first-time poster here. There was an email sent out on Aug 27th saying the current NZ lockdown was delaying final outcomes for alternative entry. Still no word on when they'll be released - the uncertainty is palpable! The very best of luck to all my fellow hopefuls.

drum99

UoA MBChB III
Im not sure. They will send the final offer by the end of October. That should capture if i have to do hsfy or not.
Oh man imagine how good it would have to be if you didn't and could just go straight to 2nd year eh.....