UoO: Alternative ('Other') Category Chat/Enquiries

Kia ora all,

Just a quick question, of those posting here who were successful post interview, how many of you had non-allied health backgrounds?

Cheers!!
Sure could be that you guys who haven't got official offers are going into 2nd year else there is no justification for the delay. Good luck...really hope someone here gets into 2nd year.

I've been prescribed the 7 HSFY papers over 2 semesters. The grade expectation is quite achievable. Within B+ I'll be sweet.

This category is quite tough to get in. So i guess they have reduced the academic pressure compared to HSFY folks who will be aiming for those high percentiles to get into Med.

My offer is the same as Carmax's - I've also signed up for the CHEM150 Summer School paper to refresh my basic chemistry knowledge.

noisytui my background is non-allied health. Undergrad was Molecular Biology in the UK and then worked in Pharma sales for 3 years and the past 3 years I've been in Medical Device sales all in the NZ health system. More than happy to share my experience if it helps, I spoke to an alt-student beforehand and found it really insightful.

Carmax

My offer is the same as Carmax's - I've also signed up for the CHEM150 Summer School paper to refresh my basic chemistry knowledge.

noisytui my background is non-allied health. Undergrad was Molecular Biology in the UK and then worked in Pharma sales for 3 years and the past 3 years I've been in Medical Device sales all in the NZ health system. More than happy to share my experience if it helps, I spoke to an alt-student beforehand and found it really insightful.
Well done Pommysaurus. I thought of doing summer school prep but decided to work through my last free summer and save up some $.

noisytui

Lurker

Thanks for that! what is the best way to get in touch? Cheers

Carmax

Thanks for that! what is the best way to get in touch? Cheers
Start reading from page 1 of this forum. It goes back 5+ years and will answer most of your questions. It's a gold mine of resources and experiences. That's what i did. Explore all possible options first before putting all your eggs in this one basket. Its like lotto. My 2c

Hey – any applicants from last year who are starting ELM2 in 2022 want to connect? (i.e. applied in 2020 but did did HSFY papers this year).

I feel like I'm one of the few people who applied this year that doesn't have to do catchup papers in 2022 before ELM2 (as I have already done HSFY) – so I would be interested in connecting with people that are also starting ELM2 next year!

Send me a message 😃