• UCAT PREP COMPANY DISCUSSION: Site administrators have implemented a rule that states there is to be NO mention of UCAT prep companies. This includes discussion, recommendations, questions, and reviews, and extends to allusions, acronyms, and other other attempts to get around the rule. Offending content will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be warned and may be banned.

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoO Pharmacy Questions and Discussion

Bootleg

If you are going to apply for first preference, then a 65% (B-) average across your best 7 papers will cut it.

If you are not applying for first preference, then roughly a 75% (B+) average across your best 7 papers will cut it.

If you are going to apply for first preference, then a 65% (B-) average across your best 7 papers will cut it.

If you are not applying for first preference, then roughly a 75% (B+) average across your best 7 papers will cut it.
Is this with this bare-minimum requirements or based on the grades of others applying which usually buffs it up a little?

Fili

Dentistry Student
Valued Member
Is this with this bare-minimum requirements or based on the grades of others applying which usually buffs it up a little?
I don't think anyone knows the specific requirements but I got an offer for pharmacy back in 2017 with a GPA of like 5.8 (so around 70%-75%) in HSFY. I didn't use first preference but everyone I knew were offered pharmacy without needing to put it as first preference.

The only health professional programme where first preference matters is physio.

Durarara

Lurker
Did really bad in HSFY failing one of my papers and not getting a grade higher than B- the entire year. This year I've completely changed my grades and have gotten B+ and A- on my most recent exam results. However because of how bad my grades were last year even if I continue at this rate my overall GPA will only be a B-. Will this be enough to get into Pharm for 2021?

Fili

Dentistry Student
Valued Member
Did really bad in HSFY failing one of my papers and not getting a grade higher than B- the entire year. This year I've completely changed my grades and have gotten B+ and A- on my most recent exam results. However because of how bad my grades were last year even if I continue at this rate my overall GPA will only be a B-. Will this be enough to get into Pharm for 2021?
There's not much data on it but you probably will. I had a B/B+ average in health sci 2017 and managed to get an offer. Just grind through sem 2, and you'll probably be fine.

Last edited: