• UCAT results are out! Just kidding, I'm just testing the notices system. Cheers, Mana

UQ Dentistry Accomodation: which campus?

uqdent55

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be starting dentistry March this year at UQ and I'm currently looking for accomodation close to the school as I'm from Sydney. I was wondering, for dentistry, is it better to live near the St Lucia campus or the Herston campus? I know the dentistry school is at the Oral Health Centre in the Herston campus, however I've heard that some classes (I'm guessing the non-practical type classes) are still at the St Lucia campus.

Hoping some current students can maybe shed some light on what the ratio is between number of classes at St Lucia to number of classes at Herston, and which one would be the more convenient location.

Thanks guys!

Cocci

1st year: 3-4days at St.Lucia and another 3-4 days at herston campus. (50:50)

Accomodation around St.lucia would be better due to better access to services such as transport and groceries.

Zer0

Yea there should be around 2-4 students staying around at IH for first year
Hi, I posted this question on another thread. Do you mind helping me to answer the question? "I understand that for BDS program students need to go to different campus. How do they switch from a campus to another for different classes when the given time is so little ( 10 mins ) during a single day?" Thank you.

Dent101

Just planning ahead to book my flight tickets. Between end of semester 1 and start of semester 2 is there a month holiday?? What about end of semester 2?

Cocci

Hi, I posted this question on another thread. Do you mind helping me to answer the question? "I understand that for BDS program students need to go to different campus. How do they switch from a campus to another for different classes when the given time is so little ( 10 mins ) during a single day?" Thank you.
They usually give atleast an hour break between a class from herston and St.lucia.

Cocci

Just planning ahead to book my flight tickets. Between end of semester 1 and start of semester 2 is there a month holiday?? What about end of semester 2?
For year 1, it is most likely to follow the uq academic calender so yes a month break for winter and summer break would be the same as the academic calender.

Zer0

Hi,
How do we know which textbook to buy? will the lecturers tell us or we need to buy them before the school starts?