Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UQ UQ Dentistry: Accomodation Discussion

ryanuq

Hey! Welcome to UQ dent, you're going to have a blast! There aren't any colleges near herston and the student accomodation is either expensive or you're sharing with like 5-6 other people, however if you don't mind that, check out Iglu student accom. On the other hand, me and a friend (both going into 3rd year dent) have a spare room to rent in a modern townhouse close to the dental school. Let me know if you're interested.

Zer0

Hi, would like to know where are the dent students usually stay, as I know there seems to be no on campus accommodation for students in Herston. Any suggestion by senior for places(streets name) which are near to the campus as well as groceries and food. I would prefer places within walking distance ( 15-25 minutes is fine) or even further places where transportation is easily available (buses, commuters). Side question, is all the classes for BDS held in Herston campus?

Zer0

Hi, would like to know where are the dent students usually stay, as I know there seems to be no on campus accommodation for students in Herston. Any suggestion by senior for places(streets name) which are near to the campus as well as groceries and food. I would prefer places within walking distance ( 15-25 minutes is fine) or even further places where transportation is easily available (buses, commuters). Side question, is all the classes for BDS held in Herston campus?

Zer0

uqdent55

Lurker
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be starting dentistry March this year at UQ and I'm currently looking for accomodation close to the school as I'm from Sydney. I was wondering, for dentistry, is it better to live near the St Lucia campus or the Herston campus? I know the dentistry school is at the Oral Health Centre in the Herston campus, however I've heard that some classes (I'm guessing the non-practical type classes) are still at the St Lucia campus.

Hoping some current students can maybe shed some light on what the ratio is between number of classes at St Lucia to number of classes at Herston, and which one would be the more convenient location.

Thanks guys!

Cocci

1st year: 3-4days at St.Lucia and another 3-4 days at herston campus. (50:50)

Accomodation around St.lucia would be better due to better access to services such as transport and groceries.

Zer0

Yea there should be around 2-4 students staying around at IH for first year
Hi, I posted this question on another thread. Do you mind helping me to answer the question? "I understand that for BDS program students need to go to different campus. How do they switch from a campus to another for different classes when the given time is so little ( 10 mins ) during a single day?" Thank you.

Dent101

Just planning ahead to book my flight tickets. Between end of semester 1 and start of semester 2 is there a month holiday?? What about end of semester 2?

Cocci

Hi, I posted this question on another thread. Do you mind helping me to answer the question? "I understand that for BDS program students need to go to different campus. How do they switch from a campus to another for different classes when the given time is so little ( 10 mins ) during a single day?" Thank you.

They usually give atleast an hour break between a class from herston and St.lucia.

Cocci

Just planning ahead to book my flight tickets. Between end of semester 1 and start of semester 2 is there a month holiday?? What about end of semester 2?

For year 1, it is most likely to follow the uq academic calender so yes a month break for winter and summer break would be the same as the academic calender.