Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UQ new campus?

I've been doing some reading on UQ, got an offer for 2010 :lol:

Does anyone know about the proposed Oral Health Centre at Herston that the turbo st centre will be moved to? where is it - in the city or further out? is it any closer to st lucia or would it still be frustrating moving back and forth during lunchtimes etc?

thanks for the help (yy)

It would be at Herston, which is further away from St Lucia than the city is.

I think it would be lots easier to get parking though, so you could probably drive... but i'm not sure about it really.

UMAT Veteran

I've been doing some reading on UQ, got an offer for 2010 :lol:

Does anyone know about the proposed Oral Health Centre at Herston that the turbo st centre will be moved to? where is it - in the city or further out? is it any closer to st lucia or would it still be frustrating moving back and forth during lunchtimes etc?

thanks for the help (yy)

My understanding of it all is that you will be spending A LOT of time there and not even visiting St. Lucia or Turbot after it's completion in April 2012. It truly is a remarkable building and will add so much more to your education. It'll also mean they train more dentists which should = lower UMAT cut off for those lucky applicants

http://www.uq.edu.au/news/index.html?article=18238

You will need to go to St Lucia in the first year and (maybe) in the second, which would mean travelling between campuses between St Lucia and Turbot St/Herston. My guess is that you would be going to Turbot St.

BumbleBee

You will need to go to St Lucia in the first year and (maybe) in the second, which would mean travelling between campuses between St Lucia and Turbot St/Herston. My guess is that you would be going to Turbot St.
Aren't they closing the Turbot St one? If they are building a bigger better centre there wouldnt be much use of this one.
By the way, travelling by public transport between st lucia and herston will be a bit of a pain in the but...you will have to catch 2 buses

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads