Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UQ umat cut off?

mecramarathon

Hi peeps just wondering what was last years UMAT cut off into UQ dentistry?

I've heard numbers ranging from 172 to 176?

And what do you say this year would be? <_<

mecramarathon

"For 2011, the UMAT cut off was 173"

but i don't think 2011 UMAT cut offs have been released yet? @_@

and thanks everyone, the cut off was 172 last year and 173 the year before :)

For 2011, the UMAT cut off for UQ Dentistry is 173.

That's a possibility, but unless I missed something reading the FAQ it seems to say "However as a guide, the major round cut-offs for entry into the BDSc program in 2009 were: ... [UMAT score of 173]".

I can't substantiate it but I'm sure I've somewhere here that last year's cutoff was about 176; this year could be similar +/- a few points.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I meant the cut off for 2011 entry. Sorry for the misunderstanding. If its not stated on their official website, I go by their current figures online or I call them to confirm.

I agree with senor_dingdong - is Hutcherson perhaps confusing the cutoff from 2009 which is posted in the FAQ as a guide*, with the actual cutoff for 2011, which can only be determined after offers are released (as it depends on the UMAT scores of applicants, vying for a set number of places)?

*From the UQ FAQ page:
The cut-offs for entry will vary each year according to the standard of applicants. However as a guide, the major round cut-offs for entry into the BDSc program in 2009 were:
(1) Entry rank 99 (OP 1/GPA 5.8 Group I tertiary institution*, GPA 6.5 Group II institution**) with minimum UMAT score of 173 for a Commonwealth Supported place;
(2) Entry rank 99 for an international full-fee paying place.

Or it could be that I've misunderstood the discussion entirely? :p

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
That is a valid point. The actual cut off for 2011 entry will not be known until first round offers are given out, considering we don't know everyone's UMAT scores that applied.Therefore higher the better. Since they have only posted up the 2009 cut-off online officially, I would use that as a rough indicator for the time being. And then contacting the office after first round has occurred for a more accurate cut off.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
then should i have gotten any offer?? my umat was 175 and i have a gpa of 6...appreciate any help with this....thanks

UQ offer 45 CSP places per year. 45 other people would have had a higher UMAT score than you and would have been considered first. Hence you are still in the running for second round.