Usyd Dentistry Interview

Discussion in 'Dentistry Entrance' started by kim777, Dec 11, 2018.

1. kim777

kim777 New Member

Hi everyone,

seeing that results are coming out in a few days I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the dentistry interview at usyd? I've seen somewhere that there's a written component, but that's about it. Does anyone know what's in the written response? Or anything about the interview itself?

1234med likes this.
  2. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
  3. 1234med

1234med Regular Member

Same question. Any one know if it's panel or MMI?

4. Crow

Crow Moderator Most Active 2018

Griffith MD
    Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Dental Medicine
    It’s a panel interview according to the website:
    ETA: Bachelor of Oral Health

Entry to the Bachelor of Oral Health requires an MMI, so I guess it depends on which course(s) are being referred to.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  5. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    It's a panel but more like a group discussion. Quotes from MD in the above linked thread
    "It's more like a panel except you have a few other students in the same interview (about 5ish students). It feels a lot more relaxed than most other interviews".
    "During the group interview, the interviewer doesn't say much, just guides a bit and asks the question, then usually everyone answers it- but sometimes there's one or two people who are a bit quieter and don't say much and don't answer, if you don't answer questions continuously the interviewer might prompt you. It's kinda like a discussion you just add onto it and try not to repeat what other people have said...."

Crow likes this.
  6. 1234med

1234med Regular Member

I'd hate doing panel with other applicants. Sharing personal stories with 5 other students and the interviewers seems a bit daunting and confrontational. Guess I'll just have to suck it up.

7. meddenti

meddenti New Member

Hey guys, I have a buddy who went to this interview. He thought he did well but maybe not as well as the others. So, maybe there were different questions asked in the interview and written? Any info about the questions would be appreciated :)