USyd Dentistry

Discussion in 'Dentistry Entrance' started by jenlo, May 10, 2018.

1. jenlo

jenlo New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at entry into usyd dentistry in 2019 as a high school leaver and was wondering if anyone knows how many places they offer for domestic students each year, I've looked around and there's not much information on this.

Thanks

2. LMG!

LMG! UTAS MBBS I Moderator

Clinical Psychologist
    The only way into Dentistry at USyd as a school leaver is via their double degree pathway, which is only open to very high achievers (I believe).

I’m guessing you’d be needing an ATAR in the high 99.00s, if not as high as 99.90. The website says 99.50 or higher, actually.

If that’s you, then your chances are probably fairly decent from there. I’m more familiar with the double degree Med pathway but assuming they’re similar, there is an interview and you find out if you’ve been successful almost straight away. There is a technical skills assessment too.

As for numbers, there might not be a set amount each year due to the way the degree is structured.

Good luck for year 12 and that 99.50!

jenlo and Logic like this.
  3. Logic

Logic Regular Member

I think the cut off says 99.5 but you need at least 99.7ish to be invited for an interview?

4. LMG!

LMG! UTAS MBBS I Moderator

Clinical Psychologist
    That seems more likely to me, too, though that said, they’re honest with the need for 99.95 for Med, so I was giving them the benefit of the doubt for their transparency.

5. Ian Naga

Ian Naga Member

6. Logic

Logic Regular Member

LMG! likes this.