Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

USyd USyd Medicine: Provisional Entry Questions and General Discussion

A1

Rookie Doc
Hello A1,
I just received an invite from USYD DDMP to attend on the 18th of Jan. I am eligible for EAS Low-Socioeconomic region but was not eligible for MySydney because I did not complete high school here. My question is, since my rank is, supposedly, a 99.75, do I have a lower chance of getting an offer? And is getting second-round interview lowers the chances of getting an offer too?
I would appreciate it if you can direct me to a thread where USYD's interviews are discussed because I couldn't find one.
Afaik USyd place selection is all on the interview. Your rank 99.75 does not disadvantage.
I don't know the proportion of places USyd sets aside for round2 so can't say whether round2 = lower chances.

This thread on USyd interview is several years old but maybe helpful. Good luck
> USyd - Usyd Provisional Entry MD Interview Information

adnil65

Hi, I'm from NZ taking Cambridge A levels, my results were released on the 10th of January where i received 4A*s which should be equivalent to 99.95 however I have not got an email for a USYD interview so i was wondering if any New Zealanders got an interview offer or if anyone knows whether they're potentially giving out more offers on another day? Any replies would be appreciated :))

A1

Rookie Doc
Hi, I'm from NZ taking Cambridge A levels, my results were released on the 10th of January where i received 4A*s which should be equivalent to 99.95 however I have not got an email for a USYD interview
I suggest you call USyd Med urgently. They might not have access to your NZ Cambridge results.

adnil65

They're unfortunately closed right now and UAC is also closed :( They're only open from 9 am on Monday, if I call them then do you think I'll still be able to get an interview?

Hi, I'm from NZ taking Cambridge A levels, my results were released on the 10th of January where i received 4A*s which should be equivalent to 99.95 however I have not got an email for a USYD interview so i was wondering if any New Zealanders got an interview offer or if anyone knows whether they're potentially giving out more offers on another day? Any replies would be appreciated :))
I took NCEA so I knew I wouldn't get my interview offer until the very last minute since our results haven't come out yet, but that was unexpected for Cambridge students who already have their results. Hope we all get the emails asap :)

Afaik USyd place selection is all on the interview. Your rank 99.75 does not disadvantage.
I don't know the proportion of places USyd sets aside for round2 so can't say whether round2 = lower chances.

This thread on USyd interview is several years old but maybe helpful. Good luck
> USyd - Usyd Provisional Entry MD Interview Information
Do they have a specific number of places for interstate students? (I am asking because I studied overseas which equals interstate)

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads