Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

USyd USyd Medicine: Provisional Entry Questions and General Discussion

LeSpicyGinger

Flinders MD II
Congratulations for those getting into USYD! If you guys have any quick queries and haven't already, join the undergraduate preparation server!

Lawso

1st time posting. Is USYD application for domestic students done through just UAC or is there a separate process? :)

Miata

Optometry Student
Hi vrish, the USyd DDMP stands for the Double Degree Medicine Program, which is open only to school leavers. You first do a three-year Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science, then progress into the four-year Doctor of Medicine. The USyd DDMP does not use the UCAT - the only admissions criteria are:
  1. An ATAR of 99.95 (the threshold can be slightly lower if you are approved under a disadvantage scheme e.g. EAS or E12);
  2. Satisfactory performance at the invitation-only assessment day (comprising two components — written questions, and a group interview).
Hey garmonbozia, sorry for digging this up lol, but do you know how approximately much the ATAR threshold is lowered by if I have EAS? And this will be my unadjusted ATAR, correct?

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
Hey garmonbozia, sorry for digging this up lol, but do you know how approximately much the ATAR threshold is lowered by if I have EAS? And this will be my unadjusted ATAR, correct?
99.50 is the lowest they'll consider, but it depends on the number of people applying under the E12 scheme - they only invite a certain number of people to interview through this scheme. If there's an excess of 99.50+'s applying, the threshold may well rise.

Miata

Optometry Student
99.50 is the lowest they'll consider, but it depends on the number of people applying under the E12 scheme - they only invite a certain number of people to interview through this scheme. If there's an excess of 99.50+'s applying, the threshold may well rise.
Is it necessary to apply for the E12 scheme on top of just the EAS for USyd? And also, would it be more beneficial in any way?

garmonbozia

Membered Value
Valued Member
Is it necessary to apply for the E12 scheme on top of just the EAS for USyd? And also, would it be more beneficial in any way?
EAS adjustments don't apply to the double degree program, only E12, so you should apply for E12 if you are eligible.

SmoothCriminal

Hi guys, is there a difference between the entry requirements and required ATAR for the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science pathway for medicine?

Caffeine

Hi guys, is there a difference between the entry requirements and required ATAR for the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science pathway for medicine?
The no of seats allocated for both is the 30 combined. The entrance criteria remains the same a 99.95 [Unless your E12] and a panel interview with a written assessment