Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

USyd Usyd Provisional Entry MD Interview Information

Isiyara

UQ MD II
As much as it sucks to play the waiting game, you'll probably find that if you miss out on a first round offer at USyd, the next offers will start to come out after all the interstate offers do - this is when the people who were ranked above you may receive offers to other universities (especially in their own state) and then decline USyd in favour of them.

Yeah that makes sense I was told I would be considered in the February round but not in the main round. Congrats Mohini and good luck to anyone on the waiting list! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MD

umat_star

I too have been told I'm on the waiting list and that I would be considered in the February round...
Ugh the long waiting game:mad:

david88

Has anyone been offered a place at usyd combined med (uac main round)?

If they accepted you in the phone call earlier in the month then you got a main round offer. If waitlist we are considered for late round and they'll call us again - isn't this the info you heard?

Svap16

If they accepted you in the phone call earlier in the month then you got a main round offer. If waitlist we are considered for late round and they'll call us again - isn't this the info you heard?
That's right , but no one has reported about their offer yet.

Mohini

I didn't actually. University of Sydney fucked up. I've done my year 12 from abroad and according to their website my English requirements are fine plus since it's my first language it's not an issue. Still tho. Provided them with a bunch of documents to make sure that it was ok and then one freaking day before the main round they tell me I'm not eligible. I'm seriously pissed off. I'm going to have to go to the uni. I dunno. I'll be made an offer either in the next round or directly through USYD. They're processing my documents and I know they're perfect. Just a matter of time really

david88

I didn't actually. University of Sydney fucked up. I've done my year 12 from abroad and according to their website my English requirements are fine plus since it's my first language it's not an issue. Still tho. Provided them with a bunch of documents to make sure that it was ok and then one freaking day before the main round they tell me I'm not eligible. I'm seriously pissed off. I'm going to have to go to the uni. I dunno. I'll be made an offer either in the next round or directly through USYD. They're processing my documents and I know they're perfect. Just a matter of time really

Just wondering do you count as a domestic or international student?

Blablaee

Hello people, I finished high school in QLD where you have to apply for your ATAR to know exactly what it is. I just found out yesterday that my ATAR was 99.95 so I went to UAC to add usyb med to my first preference (it was Griffith med before). Is that too late to be considered? I mean it says on their website that there are multiple assessment dates but wouldn't they have contacted enough 99.95s to interview since most of them would've known their ATAR by the end of December?
It'd be appreciated if someone could reassure me that they do contact people after the first offer round in December.