Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UTAS UTAS Medicine: General Discussion

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I got my offer today guys see you in 2019!

Congrats! Last we heard, you were still waiting to hear if you got an interview, so that moved fast! Woot! How was the interview process?

If you have any questions, let me know!

Congrats again!!!

Ammiecat

UoN MD Y4
Congrats! Last we heard, you were still waiting to hear if you got an interview, so that moved fast! Woot! How was the interview process?

If you have any questions, let me know!

Congrats again!!!

Thanks lovely! Yeah, I have previously gone in and had a yarn with the Aboriginal staff, That must have counted without me realising. I have built a good relationship there which I am very grateful for :)

They must have been waiting for my results! I got really excellent marks this year.

Needless to say, I was crying hysterically and shaking when I found out, this is very much a personal dream come true. I am looking forward to starting, learning and making new friends!

I hope everybody else who is waiting on their offer gets one soon and we can all be first years together :)

Nkap

Does UTAS require minimum scores in each section in UMAT or do they look at the overall score?
You need at least a minimum score of 150 to be considered, no minimum scores for each section. However, a competitive UMAT score differs depending on whether your local, rural or interstate.

spicspec

Other Information: Have sent off an email requesting confirmation as was surprised they sent out interstate offers so early. Then came on here and was relieved to find others also got their offers. Looks like UTas is in the Christmas mood! Congrats to all. Also, offer says CSP. I assume bonded would be listed as BMP?

Bonded places are also CSP, if you want to know whether your place is bonded or not, just go to the course you've been offered in your application and if it doesn't say (bonded) at the end then you've received an unbonded place.

spicspec

Does anyone know roughly how many applications UTas receives? I'm assuming it would be quite high given that it's one of very few places (if not the only place) that lets you immediately enter medicine without an interview.

armadeado

Bonded places are also CSP, if you want to know whether your place is bonded or not, just go to the course you've been offered in your application and if it doesn't say (bonded) at the end then you've received an unbonded place.

If I may beg clarification... UTas offers M3N004 Unbonded and M3N003 Bonded. The course offered to me is simply listed as M3N, hence my confusion. Is there something I should be looking at that I've missed?

spicspec

If I may beg clarification... UTas offers M3N004 Unbonded and M3N003 Bonded. The course offered to me is simply listed as M3N, hence my confusion. Is there something I should be looking at that I've missed?

Lmao gonna be a pain to attach a pic on mobile but go to the actual page you accepted your offer from.
https://apply2019.utas.edu.au/ApplicationManagement/ApplicationManagementDashBoard

And if you got an unbonded offer, your accept button will be on that course in your list.
Imgur

armadeado

Lmao gonna be a pain to attach a pic on mobile but go to the actual page you accepted your offer from.
https://apply2019.utas.edu.au/ApplicationManagement/ApplicationManagementDashBoard

And if you got an unbonded offer, your accept button will be on that course in your list.
Imgur

I see! Thanks so much, I see where I went wrong now. Forgot to apply for Bonded entirely (thought it was all under the one course/application, as some unis do. Don't know where my brain went :rolleyes:) . Again, thanks for your answer!

Nkap

Can someone please explain how you apply for bonded? It is not showing up for me, only the normal MBBS course is.

Can someone please explain how you apply for bonded? It is not showing up for me, only the normal MBBS course is.
You might be too late I think since offers have come out already. The way to do it is go to course preferences and find medicine - there should be 2 there (one bonded and one not) so you can put both on your preferences. This way you are considered for both of them.

Nycryte

UTAS MBBS I
I got a call from utas on the 30th of October asking if I was still intending to study med in February (I had a deferred offer) and I haven't anything since then. Should I start worrying?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I got a call from utas on the 30th of October asking if I was still intending to study med in February (I had a deferred offer) and I haven't anything since then. Should I start worrying?

Nope, I wouldn’t think so. I’d think a more proactive thing than worrying would be to give them a call.

In other news, everyone, Ammiecat let me know that there are about 25 students who have been added to the class list for 2019. So still a long way to go towards that 120. I don’t think the acceptance deadline has passed yet, so the number is likely on the very low side, but interesting nonetheless.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I've just logged into the online learning system that UTAS uses and found that there is a class-list there that includes the names of all students who are currently enrolled in my year of the MBBS. There are only 50/120 names listed so there are clearly heeeeaps of offers still to go out. Best of luck to those who are waiting :D

This is my post from exactly 12 months ago to the day. At this point last year, 50/120 students were appearing on the 2018 class list. Ammiecat has just confirmed that it still sits at 25/120 this year, despite much more offers being reported here to MSO.

Anyone with a current offer, can you please remind me what date you’ve been given to accept and enrol by?

Ammiecat

UoN MD Y4
Might even pay to have someone else who is fully enrolled to check. Because my enrollment is conditional depending on if I pass chemistry over summer, perhaps my access is stunted so far somehow?