Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UTAS UTAS Medicine: Entry Information and Discussion

cheers, I see it and it is also there for me. can somebody else check to see if it is there for everyone?
I can see a student number in my application too. I did not put one there as I am not a current student at UTAS.

Last edited:
It doesn’t really anymore. Previously Utas offered a provisional Med type scenario where you could do BMedRes with guaranteed progression to the MBBS at its completion. This is no longer offered.

Alternatively, they do still have a pathway for students in the BMedRes degree to compete against each other for a small number of MBBS places. These places are not guaranteed and it’s a terrible, money-making attempt to drive up the popularity of an otherwise often dead-end degree. Don’t do it!
So with approx. 99.90 ATAR and 73rd percentile UCAT, should I expect an offer as a non-Tasmanian non-rural students?
Thanks!

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hey guys, I have a quick question. When applying for UTAS I specifically remember ticking 'no' to 'current student of UTAS' and I most certainly did not enter a student number in the box next to that. For some reason though, it is ticked 'yes' and there is a student number entered in the box. At first I thought I messed up the application but I looked up what the number is for and it says you are allocated one after receiving an offer to a course. Is this possibly a loophole in seeing if you have an offer or not?
I know that in previous years all applicants have had a student number generated and it hasn’t actually been an ‘only if you get an offer’ type deal, unfortunately. But who knows for this year. Good luck.

So with approx. 99.90 ATAR and 73rd percentile UCAT, should I expect an offer as a non-Tasmanian non-rural students?
Thanks!
Unfortunately I’d say your UCAT is going to be well short of what’s required, but it can be hard to predict. Good luck!

I know that in previous years all applicants have had a student number generated and it hasn’t actually been an ‘only if you get an offer’ type deal, unfortunately. But who knows for this year. Good luck.
Ah, well. Thought I was on to something for a minute there lol

TBJ

Hi, just received an offer for UTAS Medicine! Just a quick question, how do we know whether our offer is bonded or unbonded? I don't see anything mentioned about my offer type.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi, just received an offer for UTAS Medicine! Just a quick question, how do we know whether our offer is bonded or unbonded? I don't see anything mentioned about my offer type.

My offer letter (admittedly in 2018) said this:

1610591800976.png

Those with a BMP had Commonwealth Supported Place - Bonded Medical Place.

If yours just says CSP, then it's likely unbonded.

Also, if you could please share your details here: Aus Med and Dent Place Offers 2021 Entry - Collated Data that would be great, as we've not had many UTAS offers reported yet. Congratulations!!

TBJ

My offer letter (admittedly in 2018) said this:

View attachment 4370

Those with a BMP had Commonwealth Supported Place - Bonded Medical Place.

If yours just says CSP, then it's likely unbonded.

Also, if you could please share your details here: Aus Med and Dent Place Offers 2021 Entry - Collated Data that would be great, as we've not had many UTAS offers reported yet. Congratulations!!
My offer letter looks the exact same as yours (except the commencing date aha), I'm so happy that it's unbonded (wouldn't have minded even if it was bonded though).

dande

Just reporting this incase it helps: I just got a phone call from UTAS asking me if I would like to be included in their next offer round or if I have already accepted an offer (I said no so someone else can get one). Not sure if this means I would of got an offer or not but if it helps my ATAR was 96.65 and ucat was 98th%ile and I am RA2. fingers crossed for everyone else waiting.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Just reporting this incase it helps: I just got a phone call from UTAS asking me if I would like to be included in their next offer round or if I have already accepted an offer (I said no so someone else can get one). Not sure if this means I would of got an offer or not but if it helps my ATAR was 96.65 and ucat was 98th%ile and I am RA2. fingers crossed for everyone else waiting.
UTAS do this every year, it definitely means you would have received an offer. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I spoke to someone ‘in the know’ today who said the year 1 cohort still isn’t finalised and more offers will be going out. FYI to anyone still waiting with fingers crossed.

#lurker

I spoke to someone ‘in the know’ today who said the year 1 cohort still isn’t finalised and more offers will be going out. FYI to anyone still waiting with fingers crossed.
Thanks for letting us know. Any idea on how many non-rural interstate places are still to be filled? The wait is awful....

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Thanks for letting us know. Any idea on how many non-rural interstate places are still to be filled? The wait is awful....

Unfortunately I don’t know specifics. Hopefully they go out quickly though. Good luck.

Scrivo_72

The Humerus 2021
With the adjustment system for UTAS, does anyone know if the atar goes above 99.95? (so they can decide between people, because i feel everyone whos rural would get in if they get a 96 ATAR cause they get at least 4 atar adjustments and just need 50%ile on the ucat because its a cut off). And also, theres no interview. Am i missing something here?

With the adjustment system for UTAS, does anyone know if the atar goes above 99.95? (so they can decide between people, because i feel everyone whos rural would get in if they get a 96 ATAR cause they get at least 4 atar adjustments and just need 50%ile on the ucat because its a cut off). And also, theres no interview. Am i missing something here?
UTas has never had interviews - if you read back a few pages on this forum, you should find a lot more information. We only had an informal welcome interview this week to get to know the faculty and vice versa.

Reactions: mc*