Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Utas offers for standards

iddybiddy

lol, don't you think it's pretty pointless though? the 5 people that get offered these places at UTAS will most likely turn it down for an offer from a uni in their home state - and then these spots will probably get filled up by Tassie locals. Ah well. :(

Hayden

Getting busier
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by squid@Jan 12 2007, 06:18 PM
I think I posted that on the other thread; the "official 2007 offers thread."  But for the purposes of completeness, I'm guessing the people who were offered would have had at least 215+ UMAT and 95+ UAI/ENTER/TER
[snapback]26739[/snapback]​

There would be no cutoff, it would be just the best five. A cutoff is a guidline when there is a large pool of offers.

Originally posted by Pr0digy@Jan 12 2007, 09:35 PM
lol, don't you think it's pretty pointless though? the 5 people that get offered these places at UTAS will most likely turn it down for an offer from a uni in their home state - and then these spots will probably get filled up by Tassie locals. Ah well. :(
[snapback]26778[/snapback]​

It's not pointless, because those offers would go to the next 5 best INTERSTATE people, not Tassie locals. That's the whole point of a quota.

T

titan

Originally posted by Pr0digy@Jan 12 2007, 09:35 PM
[snapback]26778[/snapback]​
dont want to be cynical or anything now.

AussieChica

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
so someone was "very close" 2 getting an offer. he got 99.95 uai and 205 umat. they suggested he apply for bonded b/c he had a chance of getting it. with those scores, i'm sure he'll get like a umelb scholarship or something lol. (he's in yr 12 and from western sydney)

Last edited by a moderator:

MiscD

Well seeing his scores hes guaranteed UNSW right? So i don't think he would go UMelb. That is a sweet set of scores though. Congrats to him.

Michelle

Originally posted by Pr0digy@Jan 8 2007, 06:18 PM
Only if you are actually a resident of Tasmania, Manny.
[snapback]25884[/snapback]​

Or a graduate it seems..... the standard of NSLs applying to UTAS must generally be a lot lower.....

So in my category at UTAS, my UMAT is good. But if I were a SL, my UMAT would be s**t in my category... weird, but good for me