UTas-Scholarship conundrum

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by BW97, Jan 25, 2016.

1. BW97

BW97 New Member

Hi all, I'm very new to this as I just recently got accepted to UTas MBBS and am yet to start my study. I was just wondering if any current students could tell me how difficult it is to get a distinction for every unit?
    I was offered and accepted the Dean's Merit Scolarship, which is dependent on maintaining a credit average. Then I got offered the Vice-Chancellor's National University Scholarship, which is worth twice as much but requires a Distinction in every unit. I know that this is an incredibly lucky situation to be in but it feels like gambling, as I'm scared I will accept the new Scolarship and then lose it and get nothing. I have a habit of caving under pressure and am worried I would work myself to madness trying to get highmarks.
    So yeah, if anyone could provide an idea of the difficulty ( ie. Proportion of students achieving distinction, amount of extra work required, etc.) that would be lovely,
    Thanks

2. jsth

jsth Regular Member

distinction in MBBS would be difficult for five years!!! at utas, that said some do achieve it (roughly 10-15% i.e. around 12-15 per cohort)

3. BW97

BW97 New Member

Oh wow that sounds tough :oops: thank you for your answer tho:)