• MSO wishes the best of luck to all users with upcoming interviews! For those interviewing at universities that do not have applicants sign an NDA, it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me (Crow) a PM with your interview questions to help future users. These will not be shared publicly until all interviews for that university have been completed. Cheers! ETA: Please check out our new Interview Portal!

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UTas-Scholarship conundrum

BW97

Lurker
Hi all, I'm very new to this as I just recently got accepted to UTas MBBS and am yet to start my study. I was just wondering if any current students could tell me how difficult it is to get a distinction for every unit?
I was offered and accepted the Dean's Merit Scolarship, which is dependent on maintaining a credit average. Then I got offered the Vice-Chancellor's National University Scholarship, which is worth twice as much but requires a Distinction in every unit. I know that this is an incredibly lucky situation to be in but it feels like gambling, as I'm scared I will accept the new Scolarship and then lose it and get nothing. I have a habit of caving under pressure and am worried I would work myself to madness trying to get highmarks.
So yeah, if anyone could provide an idea of the difficulty ( ie. Proportion of students achieving distinction, amount of extra work required, etc.) that would be lovely,
Thanks

jsth

distinction in MBBS would be difficult for five years!!! at utas, that said some do achieve it (roughly 10-15% i.e. around 12-15 per cohort)