Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UWA Dentistry 2011

Rickthetrick

Anyone here get an offer?

*tumble weed* :huh:

Anyone here get an offer?

*tumble weed* :huh:
It looks like I just did (emailed UWA to confirm it isn't a mistake, since TISC has been sloppy with me), I wish I could accept the offer right now! Apparently they're mailing out the uni offer so I can't do anything until that arrives. I need my student ID number to log in and accept.

Is that how it worked for you when you got accepted? How long did it take to get your ID number and log into UniStart?

I'll reserve my extreme joy for when I'm able to press the accept button!

DMV

It looks like I just did (emailed UWA to confirm it isn't a mistake, since TISC has been sloppy with me), I wish I could accept the offer right now! Apparently they're mailing out the uni offer so I can't do anything until that arrives. I need my student ID number to log in and accept.

Is that how it worked for you when you got accepted? How long did it take to get your ID number and log into UniStart?

if you're local then the next day you'll receive your offer letter in your mail box, it will included you student ID and you can enrol online straight away, then within a week(roughly) you must go to campus to enrol and get your student card on the day, make sure you have a nice hair cut(yy)

if you're local then the next day you'll receive your offer letter in your mail box, it will included you student ID and you can enrol online straight away, then within a week(roughly) you must go to campus to enrol and get your student card on the day, make sure you have a nice hair cut(yy)

Well actually just now UWA Admissions emailed me my ID number. ACCEPTED :fa:.

I'm a New Zealander so it would have taken a few days to get my offer in mail, glad they sent me the email :lols:.

Rickthetrick

Woohoo! Congratulations!

Sorry I didn't answer your question earlier. :p

If you have any other questions about first year, feel free to PM me. :)

Cheers Rick!

Definitely gonna try to weasel my way out of Basic Sciences for Dentistry and FAHB, I'm a grad with seemingly appropriate subjects for it so hopefully I get to lighten the load for sem1 ^_^.

girsyd

Guys, I have also got an offer for Dentistry from UWA. Can I enrol online. Also, as I am from Sydney, I need to make staying arrangements. Any suggestions how to proceed for this? Any shared accommodation available or some hostel facility near UWA. Classes begin 28 Feb.

Rickthetrick

Cheers Rick!

Definitely gonna try to weasel my way out of Basic Sciences for Dentistry and FAHB, I'm a grad with seemingly appropriate subjects for it so hopefully I get to lighten the load for sem1 ^_^.

You're very welcome!

Excellent idea with getting out of those because they both SUCK! I managed to get credit for BSD; all you need to do is email the unit coordinators. :)

Rickthetrick

Guys, I have also got an offer for Dentistry from UWA. Can I enrol online. Also, as I am from Sydney, I need to make staying arrangements. Any suggestions how to proceed for this? Any shared accommodation available or some hostel facility near UWA. Classes begin 28 Feb.

Hello! Congratulations!

I believe that for your first enrollment you will actually need to come to campus.

There are a couple colleges very close to UWA. This page has the links --> http://www.studyat.uwa.edu.au/unilife/college-living Go to the websites and apply online! Good luck. :)

You're very welcome!

Excellent idea with getting out of those because they both SUCK! I managed to get credit for BSD; all you need to do is email the unit coordinators. :)

Awesome, but I was think I'd show up to enrollment with my academic transcripts, would that work do you reckon? If not, should I email them after enrollment or before? Thanks again!

Rickthetrick

I'm not sure if that will work because the unit coordinators won't be at enrollment. What I did was enroll in everything then once i found out his email address I just sent him a quick email telling him exactly what units I'd previously done.

Alternatively try emailing them now?
For Basic Science for Dent the unit coordinator is Prof. Duncan Wild : http://directory.uwa.edu.au/view?dn...culties,o=The+University+of+Western+Australia

And for FAHB it's Brenton Knott: http://directory.uwa.edu.au/view?dn...culties,o=The University of Western Australia

I'm not sure if that will work because the unit coordinators won't be at enrollment. What I did was enroll in everything then once i found out his email address I just sent him a quick email telling him exactly what units I'd previously done.

Alternatively try emailing them now?
For Basic Science for Dent the unit coordinator is Prof. Duncan Wild : http://directory.uwa.edu.au/view?dn...culties,o=The+University+of+Western+Australia

And for FAHB it's Brenton Knott: http://directory.uwa.edu.au/view?dn...culties,o=The University of Western Australia
Very helpful post (y); I'll email them after enrollment so I won't seem too eager/annoying lol.

girsyd

Any info guys on accommodation in UWA for my dent course

:unsure:

DMV

come to campus tomorrow, 7th feb there will be info for accommodation, colleges around UWA

One question for you Rick, or DMV or any UWA student. What's in the offer package they send? Anything important to bring to enrollment?

Mine still hasn't arrived and I'm coming to Perth this Tuesday (15th Feb), it seems there's a possibility I will arrive without my offer pack. I've emailed admissions about this and I'm waiting for their reply. I figured it won't be too much of an issue since I've already accepted and printed out a bunch of paperwork I need to bring from UniStart.