Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UWS Advanced Science

Ahranee

Lurker
Hey yalando :) I want to do med so bad, a childhood dream lol, but I guess I was never dedicated enough to work hard and study. I ended up getting 53 percentile for UMAT and an atar of 90.3. But luckily thnx to bonus points I got an early offer into adv sci at uws (parra) which I hv accepted :D So if u don't mind I've got a few questions for you, I read that you got into med (congrats :D) , how did you prepare for UMAT? Did u go to any prep courses? And how did u balance the prep with uni work? And would you by chance have any of ur adv sci work, that could be of use to me? I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if you could send me anything u hv (if u don't mind ofc). I really want to work hard this year, and get into med. I think I may be getting a scholarship from uws for my financial situation :) I would love to hear from you :) thank you and happy new year to you and your family :) xx

Hey dylana :) I want to do med so bad, a childhood dream lol, but I guess I was never dedicated enough to work hard and study. I ended up getting 53 percentile for UMAT and an atar of 90.3. But luckily thnx to bonus points I got an early offer into adv sci at uws (parra) which I hv accepted :D So if u don't mind I've got a few questions for you, I read that you got into med (congrats :D) , how did you prepare for UMAT? Did u go to any prep courses? And how did u balance the prep with uni work? And would you by chance have any of ur adv sci work, that could be of use to me? I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if you could send me anything u hv (if u don't mind ofc). I really want to work hard this year, and get into med. I think I may be getting a scholarship from uws for my financial situation :) I would love to hear from you :) thank you and happy new year to you and your family :) xx

Last edited by a moderator:

medsci123

Lurker
Wow another Adv Sci person who got in from Hawkesbury, looks like I'm no longer the only one :) When I was there I was like 1 of 2 people doing Adv Sci at that hole, lol.
Hi, Im a year 12 graduate (ATAR: 99.35) and will study Adv Science at UWS Parra Campus this year with the intent to reapply into Med. I wanted your guidance with the Adv Science Course: What subject do you recommend 1st Year? (General Program, Biological Science etc) I studied Phys and Chem in High School. Im really unsure and I was looking to enrol in the course today.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon. :)

mbkt07

Adv science is a trap don't do it if you intend to get into Med. Word of advice don't waste your time apply for nursing, paramedicine, radiography, podiatry , chiro.any one of these courses would provide you with the opportunity to experience the health file early on through clinical practice they also have a large emphasis on ethics and the dynamics of the health field all of which is relevant to your goal of one day becoming a DR . Adv is a bunch of nonsense and wsu no longer has the pathway into Med via the adv science course . So honestly choose something easy to guarantee yourself a high gpa 6.0 is required after one year I believe and reapply

blak

Lurker
Hi, Im a year 12 graduate and will study Adv Science at UWS Parra Campus and want to redo Med this year. Im planning to take a major in Chem and am unsure on what electives I want to choose. I was deciding on between 1A maths or biometry. Which one do you think is the easier course to do and get a high GPA in? (I did Chemistry and Physics at High School)

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads